The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Nabubrush on November 04, 2010, 01:59:18 am

Title: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 04, 2010, 01:59:18 am
I mentioned this elsewhere and I thought I'd drop it in here - here's a bit of weather from here at work (although not the storm I was discussing - this is from March of 2005):

I hadda walk uphill both ways in this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yk-TaPwbnk)
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Doc on November 04, 2010, 02:02:37 am
I mentioned this elsewhere and I thought I'd drop it in here - here's a bit of weather from here at work (although not the storm I was discussing - this is from March of 2005):

I hadda walk uphill both ways in this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yk-TaPwbnk)

You sure got a pretty voice.

Serious looking weather though, how long does that go on for?
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: AugustWest on November 04, 2010, 02:19:16 am
I, for one, would be interested in semi-regular weather reports from Prudhoe Bay.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 04, 2010, 03:08:36 am
You sure got a pretty voice.


And I look fantastic in a two-piece, but I never get an opportunity to wear them!


Serious looking weather though, how long does that go on for?

It might go on for five days or so, and then go away for a few weeks, although it's always sorta shitty here during the winter.

I, for one, would be interested in semi-regular weather reports from Prudhoe Bay.

Right now it's 15o, with a wind chill of -5o.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: AugustWest on November 04, 2010, 03:10:37 am
Thanks Ollie.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 04, 2010, 11:53:18 pm
This is what the weather looked like today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozCT9Mjo48). The little bus stop-looking thing is the smoke shack.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 05, 2010, 01:04:20 am
The smoke shack is the place on an active oil field where it is perfectly safe and encouraged to just let embers fly.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2010, 01:53:31 am
The smoke shack is the place on an active oil field where it is perfectly safe and encouraged to just let embers fly.

The smoke shack is also two miles from the nearest wellhead.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2010, 08:01:57 pm
Sometimes we have nice weather. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSWtLeTmCT0) The mound of snow there at the end of the parking lot is about twenty feet tall, but it's early yet.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: jaydub on November 08, 2010, 08:08:23 pm
Is that your cellphone camera?  Because that's a pretty good image if so.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2010, 08:20:34 pm
It is. I finally got rid of the Blackberry that just made me angry every time I had to use it and got one of them there iPhones. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: wombat on November 08, 2010, 08:57:21 pm
It's so purple!
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on September 23, 2011, 06:28:47 pm
It's snowing today (and the message board should not tell me what to do).
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: wombat on September 23, 2011, 07:24:04 pm
So we're not allowed to tell you to post a picture?
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on September 24, 2011, 01:50:13 pm
No, the message board should not snivel and whine about how this topic is more than 120 days old.

It looks like the snow's going to stick, maybe, so I'll post a picture today.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: jaydub on November 17, 2011, 11:29:47 pm
Promises, promises.
Title: Re: Weather here @ work
Post by: Nabubrush on November 20, 2011, 06:24:34 pm
It didn't stick while I was there, and then when I came back it was just reg'lar old winter, and so therefore anticlimactic and uninteresting. I'll come up with some stuff.