The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jaydub on November 19, 2010, 12:49:09 am

Title: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: jaydub on November 19, 2010, 12:49:09 am
Link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11182010)

I had a similar reaction to Pandora and Facebook's coziness, although mine resulted in "Clint Eastwood" being played.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 19, 2010, 12:54:01 am
I... still listen to CDs.

This is more proof that I Am Old Now.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2010, 01:49:02 am
"That's OK. Just go ahead." got a bona fide cackle out of me.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 19, 2010, 02:17:07 am
all this connectedness to the 'tubes is really effin creepy.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: wombat on November 19, 2010, 02:21:08 am
Would this be more amusing if I had any idea who those guys are?
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: jaydub on November 19, 2010, 03:12:46 am
I hadn't considered they were anything other than the imaginings of a fog-addled comic writer.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: CortJstr on November 19, 2010, 03:46:49 am
I kind of want to see that Skype chat.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: theinevitable on November 19, 2010, 04:30:41 am
so, Onstad is old? Is that the joke?

The other day at work these ladies were complaining about the screens on our registers that display their purchases and the price for each item. "Do people not believe in privacy anymore? Everyone can see what I'm buying!"
I can't think of any response to that other than... "shut up."

maybe "food chain, get used to it."
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 19, 2010, 04:49:08 am
Jimmy Somerville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Somerville)

Marc Almond (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Almond)
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: wombat on November 19, 2010, 12:03:45 pm
If I click on those links am I still going to have to see soulful photos of Jimmy Wales at the top of the page? It's as bad as the public radio fund drives.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: miles on November 19, 2010, 12:49:10 pm
Yes. And it's worse. He's sort of an odd looking dude. If I were him I wouldn't be photographed from so many different angles.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2010, 03:25:56 pm
so, Onstad is old? Is that the joke?

The other day at work these ladies were complaining about the screens on our registers that display their purchases and the price for each item. "Do people not believe in privacy anymore? Everyone can see what I'm buying!"
I can't think of any response to that other than... "shut up."

maybe "food chain, get used to it."

Wait... what?  Were the items... concealed in her cart/basket?  When you are in a public place... people can typically see the actual items you are buying can't they?  How are words on a screen less private than people seeing the actual item?  How are items you are purchasing publically, in a public place, related to privacy in any way?  Don't you work at a grocery store?  Does she want her cucumber to be concealed in a nondescript paper wrapper?  If so, what exactly is she doing with said cucumber if it is tied to a sense of shame/privacy?  I... uhh... *head explodes*

Sometimes I think that society can go to hell.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: CortJstr on November 19, 2010, 05:06:21 pm
Wait... what?  Were the items... concealed in her cart/basket?  When you are in a public place... people can typically see the actual items you are buying can't they?  How are words on a screen less private than people seeing the actual item?  How are items you are purchasing publically, in a public place, related to privacy in any way?  Don't you work at a grocery store?  Does she want her cucumber to be concealed in a nondescript paper wrapper?  If so, what exactly is she doing with said cucumber if it is tied to a sense of shame/privacy?  I... uhh... *head explodes*

Sometimes I think that society can go to hell.

This reminds me of my ex who once yelled at me for saying we needed more D batteries in public where people could hear. In her head anybody hearing this would think we needed them for a sex toy as opposed to a flashlight or something.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: AugustWest on November 19, 2010, 06:37:51 pm
This reminds me of my ex who once yelled at me for saying we needed more D batteries in public where people could hear. In her head anybody hearing this would think we needed them for a sex toy as opposed to a flashlight or something.

People would just think you were headed to an Eagles game.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: jay-ell on November 21, 2010, 02:02:55 pm
This reminds me of my ex who once yelled at me for saying we needed more D batteries in public where people could hear. In her head anybody hearing this would think we needed them for a sex toy as opposed to a flashlight or something.

Heh, I had the opposite issue. I was buying a big pack of AAA batteries from Batteries Plus or somesuch and the guy who was ringing me up said, "gotta keep those remotes working, eh?" Pedro and I exchanged looks and I said, "remote...yeah."

L. O. L.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: pearced on November 23, 2010, 11:13:57 pm
Would this be more amusing if I had any idea who those guys are?

Damn, it's tough living in a world that doesn't get references to '80s British pop bands.

And to think that yesterday I was tripping because my new flatmate was listening to Louis Armstrong and said not only, "I've never heard of him before," but also "He is ripping off Tom Waits."
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: pmcd9 on November 23, 2010, 11:16:10 pm
And to think that yesterday I was tripping because my new flatmate was listening to Louis Armstrong and said not only, "I've never heard of him before," but also "He is ripping off Tom Waits."

Have you considered suffocating him in his sleep?
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: theinevitable on November 24, 2010, 12:03:26 am
Quote
This reminds me of my ex who once yelled at me for saying we needed more D batteries in public where people could hear. In her head anybody hearing this would think we needed them for a sex toy as opposed to a flashlight or something.

This came up once when I drew a picture on my gal's notes in class. There is no way that any human being would infer from this bad drawing of a common object that I was referring to a sexy act, but my gal was LIVID that I drew it where people could see.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: Doc on November 24, 2010, 08:51:22 am
Wheelbarrow?
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: robot_god on November 24, 2010, 12:24:01 pm
Have you considered suffocating him in his sleep?

Too dignified a punishment, I'd have filled that motherfucker's bed with bed bugs.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: theinevitable on November 24, 2010, 07:00:15 pm
ok, to be honest, i drew a dog fuck*ng another dog, with a ball-gag.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: side_show on November 24, 2010, 08:05:31 pm
So you drew an animal sex act, including an S&M prop, but think this doesn't infer a sex act?  Hmm...
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: pearced on November 25, 2010, 01:41:44 am
Have you considered suffocating him in his sleep?

Every time I consider performing the murder act on a flatmate, I consider the idea of paying a larger share of the rent, and then I refrain.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: theinevitable on November 25, 2010, 04:32:30 am
that was a joke.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2010, 04:16:24 pm
Sorry Inev... for some reason, I thought you were just oblivious.  Then I thought you must be pretty talented artistically to draw such a thing. 
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 25, 2010, 04:22:09 pm
Yeah I wouldn't even know where to start with drawing that kind of thing. It would just end up as a bunch of squiggly lines and maybe an exploded view where I give the dimensional specs on the important parts.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: robot_god on November 25, 2010, 11:18:05 pm
Yeah I wouldn't even know where to start with drawing that kind of thing. It would just end up as a bunch of squiggly lines and maybe an exploded view where I give the dimensional specs on the important parts.

Yeah. . . Word.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: side_show on November 26, 2010, 03:33:43 am
Yeah I wouldn't even know where to start with drawing that kind of thing. It would just end up as a bunch of squiggly lines and maybe an exploded view where I give the dimensional specs on the important parts.

This... this is the opposite of a sex act.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: Lister on November 26, 2010, 05:38:19 am
All this talk of embarassment in regards to everyday objects can only result in sketch comedy, you understand.

Or perhaps a scene in a movie that stars Ben Stiller or American Pie.
Title: Re: Nov 18th 2010 - Get in Bed With That Boy, Teodor
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2010, 07:30:18 am
I want to see that drawing.