The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2010, 04:04:02 pm

Title: L.A. Noire
Post by: Nabubrush on December 03, 2010, 04:04:02 pm
Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0J5UQ/ref=pe_55200_17835400_pe_vfe_t1).
Wiki link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._Noire).
Metacritic link with trailers (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/la-noire).

Anybody see this coming on the horizon? L.A. in the 40s, done by Rockstar . . . it's pretty much my dream video game. If it's as open world as their other stuff, I'm probably going to end up getting a divorce out of it. However, it's been in the works since at least 2004, so I've got a bit of a development hell vibe going on.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: miles on December 04, 2010, 12:14:55 am
with trailers

Fuck. Well I need a cigarette.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Doc on December 04, 2010, 03:30:11 am
I remember hearing about this a few years ago and hearing nothing more so I assumed it was vapourware. Now it's back and looks basically finished I am so very excited.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Nabubrush on December 05, 2010, 03:48:16 pm
My heart's explodin'!
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: miles on April 22, 2011, 10:36:06 am
Review (http://www.1947project.com/47PplaysLANoire) of the game by someone concerned only with the architecture of '47 Los Angeles. So nothing on the gameplay, really. But lots of links to cool photos.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Doc on April 22, 2011, 02:44:24 pm
I think all reviews should be like that.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: lprkn on April 30, 2011, 07:37:29 pm
It's been a long wait for LA Confidential: The Game
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Nabubrush on May 17, 2011, 03:53:34 pm
You can stream the remixed version of some of the soundtrack here (http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/features/soundtrack). Ella, Louis Jordan, Dinah Washington, Gene Krupa and Lady Day.

L.A. Noire first video game at Tribeca film festival (http://www.tribecafilm.com/filmguide/la_noire-film36882.html).
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Nabubrush on May 18, 2011, 01:38:43 am
My God! It's full of stars!

It's actually very beautiful. I think it might take me a bit to get used to the controls. They did something weird between GTA3 and GTA4, and this has the newer control scheme. Still, very, very cool so far.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: jaydub on May 25, 2011, 06:42:45 pm
They need to find some coots who were driving in 1947 and see whether they like the game experience of driving.  Bonus if they lived in LA at the time.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: jay-ell on May 25, 2011, 08:37:08 pm
Oh, gracious. I heard Things about this game, enough to pique my interest, and I am seriously considering it. I came here to see if anyone had played it...but that trailer...

...I think I need to go change my panties now. Holy crapsticks.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Nabubrush on May 25, 2011, 11:46:43 pm
They need to find some coots who were driving in 1947 and see whether they like the game experience of driving.  Bonus if they lived in LA at the time.

Having played the GTAs, it was interesting to me that the cars in this game handle, realistically, I think, like Sherman tanks.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Drygioni on May 28, 2011, 02:36:19 am
The original Mafia game had cars which handled awfully. Kind of added to the charm though. You had to put some THOUGHT into a getaway. Examine the angles etc.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: lprkn on May 28, 2011, 09:54:44 pm
I never played Mafie, but Mafia 2's cars weren't exactly...nimble.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: Nabubrush on May 29, 2011, 04:45:58 am
I ended up being very accomplished at piloting the various GTA cars. I think I may have given myself carpal tunnel from them.
Title: Re: L.A. Noire
Post by: jaydub on July 31, 2011, 02:23:43 pm
I'm playing my way through this now.  ts both more and less than I was expecting.  Its really more of an interactive crime show.  Character animations are awesome - although the artists have had a bit of difficulty distinguishing between youthful and mature faces.