The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: jaydub on December 12, 2010, 09:42:34 pm
-
Michael Bay must be in charge of the security video (http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/nfl-on-fox?vid=ca15cffb-3b66-49a0-84ca-20ed0a175567&from=foxsports/Home/headlines) at the Metrodome. Well, there is a noticable lack of giant gas explosions, but with all the angles and cuts, its pretty thoroughly produced.
-
Are you kidding me? If Michael Bay were involved the entire Metrodome and most of Minneapolis would be in ruins now.
-
Definitely has a kind of bad disaster film trailer feel to it. Like a deleted scene from The Day After Tomorrow. Pretty cool.
-
I was watching FB yesterday with my lovely wife and a friend and it took several viewings before we really believed it happened. Then my wife said "WTF is with that shitty roof in a place that gets so much snow?" and while I wanted to go to the defense of the NFL and all, the roof DID fall in, so yeah.
-
The edited up disaster file was a neat watch. I'd back off the roof being too shit, it's been making it through Minnesota winters since 1982.
Serves 'em right, those dang cheaters with their Homer hankies. I REMEMBER 1987, YOU MINNESOTA BUMS!!!
-
I was watching FB yesterday with my lovely wife and a friend and it took several viewings before we really believed it happened. Then my wife said "WTF is with that shitty roof in a place that gets so much snow?" and while I wanted to go to the defense of the NFL and all, the roof DID fall in, so yeah.
Well, they have been angling pretty hard for a new taxpayer-funded stadium (2/3rds public funding, that is). IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB.
-
IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB.
Of this I have no doubt.
-
IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB.
Leading to the inevitable conclusion that someone in Minesota can control the weather. Ominous.
-
Or that God's a Viking fan and really wants them to stay in Minnesota.
-
Leading to the inevitable conclusion that someone in Minesota can control the weather. Ominous.
The weather's gonna happen, that's for sure. That's why it's such a great fall guy.
-
Leading to the inevitable conclusion that someone in Minesota can control the weather. Ominous.
No, if they were controlling the weather, that'd be an outside job.
-
Why didn't someone just turn up the heat? Heat rises and snow melts and water reacts to gravity and domed surfaces don't hold on to water the way they do snow.
-
I'm just throwing snowballs here, y'know.
Oh Ho.
I would also assume that the roof would have some layer of insulation in it, which would slow any effect right down anyways.
-
Plus the Vikings ownership is full-on about either getting a snazzy new tax-sink to play their games in or moving to LA so...
Who knows?
Maybe this was "allowed" to happen by somebody.
-
Oh Ho.
I would also assume that the roof would have some layer of insulation in it, which would slow any effect right down anyways.
It didn't look very slushy too me.
-
Which brings us back to this whole inflatable roof thing being a dumb idea.
-
i think that if the vikes move, their fans will ban the nfl until they get their team back. especially if they move to l.a. as if they're going to be packers or lions fans, come on
plus, they know l.a. won't support a team, so they'll move right back. i'm drinking this great bottle called blanton's, ash, that might be the one you get if i'm wrong. smooth and peppery, just delish.
-
i'm drinking this great bottle called blanton's, ash, that might be the one you get if i'm wrong. smooth and peppery, just delish.
I can just about throw a rock out my office window and hit that bottle's birthplace.
-
if you can find a place that sells it, might be your only chance
-
OK guys, green "military style" text on screen:
DECEMBER 2011: LARGE SNOW-FRONT SPOTTED MOVING TOWARDS MINNEAPOLIS AREA. THIS TIME, WE'RE READY.
they can't just send guys up there with snow-blowers, because any additional weight on the dome could bring it crashing down... so we're gonna need guys equipped with super-strong snowblowers, dangling from helicopters. we will not address the fact that the helicopters themselves will blow the snow all over the place. maybe some of them have special extra-huge hairdryers for melting the snow? lots of high-tech gadgets telling them about the stress on the roof, rate of snow removal, etc.
MICHAEL BAY IT UP.
-
so we're gonna need guys equipped with super-strong snowblowers, dangling from helicopters.
Helicopters capable of controlled low altitude maneuvers in a blizzard. Also, I think a helicopter is a pretty good snow blower.
-
Helicopters capable of controlled low altitude maneuvers in a blizzard. Also, I think a helicopter is a pretty good snow blower.
Yeah just fly it upside down.