The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 18, 2010, 01:05:03 am

Title: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: AugustWest on December 18, 2010, 01:05:03 am
Captain Beefheart has died. (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/captain-beefheart-dead-at-age-69-20101217) 

I think Captain Beefheart was a fuck*ng genius. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE32tcojArI)  I'm glad he walked amongst us.  Trout Mask Replica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW3ZzsP3XPI&feature=related) is a masterpiece.  The world is a duller place. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYdjQCrO_xM&feature=related)
Title: Re: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: miles on December 18, 2010, 01:10:05 am
For fuck's sake. Terrible. Just fuck*ng terrible. Really, one of the greatest American musicians.
Title: Re: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 18, 2010, 01:14:09 am
Ah crap.

Godspeed, Mr. Beefy, to wherever it is Captains go.
Title: Re: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2010, 01:57:22 am
Oh man, I just decided yesterday I want to give listening to the captain another go.

I like that his wife was Jan Van Vliet.
For some reason, when people have goofy married names I think "true love!!"
Title: Re: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 18, 2010, 02:00:09 am
Wow. Well, that sucks.
Title: Re: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: miles on December 22, 2010, 03:11:25 am
Tom Waits on Captain Beefheart (http://www.antilabelblog.com/?p=5064):

"if he was a hoss; he’d be unridable"
Title: Re: O Captain my Captain!
Post by: Nabubrush on March 25, 2011, 05:33:37 pm
I got Bat Chain Puller (http://www.allmusic.com/album/shiny-beast-bat-chain-puller-r32279) a couple months ago. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I think I've always liked Captain Beefheart the person more than Captain Beefheart the musician.