The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Doc on December 18, 2010, 11:47:56 pm

Title: Pat's new business venture
Post by: Doc on December 18, 2010, 11:47:56 pm
Check it out. (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/12/18/magnetic-yellow-card.html)

I rode my bike to work/uni for going on three years so I sympathise, I do, but this wordy self righteous screed ain't going to win hearts and minds. Also are you riding with this in your hand? In a holster? How quickly are you going to pull it out when some asshole roars by?
Title: Re: Pat's new business venture
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 19, 2010, 03:20:29 am
Check it out. (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/12/18/magnetic-yellow-card.html)

I rode my bike to work/uni for going on three years so I sympathise, I do, but this wordy self righteous screed ain't going to win hearts and minds. Also are you riding with this in your hand? In a holster? How quickly are you going to pull it out when some asshole roars by?

my thoughts exactly
Title: Re: Pat's new business venture
Post by: Nabubrush on December 19, 2010, 04:09:21 am
As always, loved the comment section on that page.

Seriously, though - today I was in the car, my wife was driving, and we came relatively close to barreling over a biker who flew straight through a stop sign (of course no helmet or a glance in our direction). I bike some, my wife bikes all the time. I want people to give bikers the benefit of the doubt, because drivers pretty much can't get hurt in an interaction between the two. But sweet jesus share the fuck*ng road. I hate when fuck*ng bikers do that.
Title: Re: Pat's new business venture
Post by: Doc on December 19, 2010, 05:47:43 am
I get that for a lot of people riding is a social thing but when you're in a narrow road, with cars parked on the side and you ride two or, so help me, three abreast then you are not being considerate of those around you. When I ride my main motivation is to make myself as small a target as possible.
Title: Re: Pat's new business venture
Post by: Lister on December 19, 2010, 07:19:17 pm
Seriously, if you're riding a bike I'm going to do the best I can to give you a wide berth.  But if you're not obeying the rules of the road, you're not where I'm looking out for you and I might just miss that you're there.

I wish more people understood that.  But then again I wish more people understood a lot of things.
Title: Re: Pat's new business venture
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 19, 2010, 07:40:15 pm
the other, other side of the issue:

(http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldnq1u1xgF1qzrnsho1_r1_400.jpg)