The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on December 25, 2010, 03:09:00 am

Title: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Nabubrush on December 25, 2010, 03:09:00 am
I'm going to throw this out a little early, since I'm in Alaska and it turns xmas in 6 hours and we get it pretty close to last, so:

Happy holidays to you and yours. Thanks for the company for the past however long it's been (looked it up - six and a half years here). I hope you enjoy the day in whatever fashion is pleasing to you, and you and your families are well! Also that you get lots of nice things, if you do that thing.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2010, 03:15:35 am
(http://insendai.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/pringles-roast-chicken.jpg?w=442&h=534)

MERRY CRISPMAS!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 25, 2010, 04:19:49 am
Whore!  Whore!  Whore!  Merry Christmas!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Nabubrush on December 25, 2010, 04:29:56 am
Whore!  Whore!  Whore!  Merry Christmas!

Now it's just like my childhood!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: miles on December 25, 2010, 07:42:34 am
Happy Holidays, y'all.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Mr Trout on December 25, 2010, 08:26:30 am
Merry Christmas to you guys, and I hope your traditions are as awesome as this
(http://i.imgur.com/PQLO0.jpeg) (http://i.imgur.com/PQLO0.jpeg)

Why didn't I grow up in barcelona where you can spank a log until it poops candy and it isn't shameful
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: wombat on December 25, 2010, 02:05:09 pm
(looked it up - six and a half years here)

Wow. Merry Chrishmash, imaginary superfriends!  (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12272001)
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2010, 02:14:07 pm
breakfast burritos for everyone!

(and like, consumer electronics and cookbooks. and a rice cooker.)

I finally figured out the reason for a family tradition, beyond big-family logistics: every present seems awesome when given to you by a 4 year old screaming DANIEL DANIEL IT'S FOR YOU! OPEN IT OPEN IT OPEN IT! WOW! IT'S A TIE! OH MY GOSHHHHHHH  *passes out*
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 25, 2010, 02:19:04 pm
Merry Christmas to you guys, and I hope your traditions are as awesome as this
(http://i.imgur.com/PQLO0.jpeg) (http://i.imgur.com/PQLO0.jpeg)

Why didn't I grow up in barcelona where you can spank a log until it poops candy and it isn't shameful
Thats blowing my mind. Where is that tradition from?
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: AugustWest on December 25, 2010, 05:52:29 pm
Merry Christmas, everyone.  Hope you are spending it with people you love.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Nabubrush on December 25, 2010, 09:35:57 pm
We may have the cart before the horse in this country - enjoy your holiday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus)!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Choop on December 25, 2010, 09:39:50 pm
feliz navidad! coronas y tacos por todos!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Nabubrush on January 01, 2011, 03:41:39 am
Happy New Year, rockers!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 01, 2011, 04:27:38 am
all the different cities in pa drop something different for the new year count down:

*hershey-a hersheys kiss(of course)
*lancaster-a red rose
*york-a white rose
*mechanicsburg-a wrench
*harrisburg-a CUNT
*bethlehem-a yellow peep
*dillsburg-two pickles; one at midnight UTC ("Mrs. Pickle") and the main drop at midnight Eastern Time.
*lebanon-a 100-pound stick of Lebanon Bologna
*pottsville-a bottle of yuengling(raised)
*shippensburg-an anchor
*shamokin-a chunk of coal that turns into a diamond at the bottom
*easton-a crayon
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: AugustWest on January 01, 2011, 04:31:19 am
Harrisburg must be a real blast.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 01, 2011, 05:14:34 am
Harrisburg must be a real blast.

i totally missed out on my new years "kiss".
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 01, 2011, 01:17:07 pm
Hogmany, people.  We must now refer to New Years as "Hogmany."
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: jay-ell on January 01, 2011, 02:33:21 pm
Raleigh drops an acorn. Because we're the City of Oaks, for some reason?

Port Clinton, Ohio drops a walleye. It's papier-mache and it's even uglier than the actual giraffe. When I was a kid they always showed that on split-screen with the NYC apple instead of whatever the heck they drop in Toledo. Weirdness.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Choop on January 01, 2011, 03:32:38 pm
atlanta drops a peach, because nobody is creative anywhere ever.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: miles on January 01, 2011, 04:57:40 pm
I went to a party last night and the disco ball dropped (or fell) two minutes before midnight. Wasn't planned, just wasn't hung properly. Shitty party, too.

Edit: Happy New Year, y'all!

Edit: I can't fuck*ng type! And I only had two fuck*ng beers last night!
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: side_show on January 01, 2011, 08:32:20 pm
SO and I had the usual romantic night in.  Lobster pasta, wine and candles. It was a good night.  Made it until just after midnight, then tucked in for the night.

My gut's been ravaged by two months of illness and antibiotics, so even with one glass of wine and a single
Tom Collins I feel like total garbage and woke up twice during the night super nauseous.  It was a minor triumph that at my most nauseous I splashed some cold water on my face and prevented vomiting.

Today:  napping, Next Iron Chef marathon and drinking lots of water.   
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 01, 2011, 08:53:29 pm
I like to believe that "lobster pasta" means that you had a team of lobsters making you pasta.

All little lobsters clutching tiny rolling pins with their claws.

A head chef lobster in a crisp jaunty chef-chapeau barking out orders in lobsterese.

Approaching the boiling water as tentatively as possible.

Refusing to use butter or lemons in their cuisine as a point of principle.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Nabubrush on January 01, 2011, 10:20:33 pm
We drop a barrel of oil into the ocean up here for NYE.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 01, 2011, 11:02:35 pm
Quote from: Choop
atlanta drops a peach, because nobody is creative anywhere ever.

To be fair, what other Atlanta-y things are there?

James Earl Jones voice dropping ten octaves during the countdown?

Counting off the ten people who show up to regular season Braves games?

Something... Coca-Cola related?

A giant statue of General Sherman and when the arm with the match in it reaches the ground, fireworks go off?

A peach seems like it would offend/confuse the least amount of people from all the above ideas.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 02, 2011, 03:16:17 am
I fell asleep at 9 PM like a dumbass.  We are out of town, staying in a hotel, and to get the girls to fall asleep we end up bunking with them.  We are in a suite, so the idea was that after the girls were out we'd go out to the front room, drink champagne, watch the ball drop.  But I conked the hell out.  I woke up at 11:51 and thought, "I can at least watch the ball drop," but then I saw the Mrs. was asleep as well, so to hell with it.
Title: Re: Happy whatever you do
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 02, 2011, 03:29:24 am
my brother and i jumped in our friends pond.  even though it was in the upper 40s, he still had to break a hole in the ice with a shovel.  polar bears, i salute you.