The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: greenkoolayd on December 30, 2010, 02:18:15 am

Title: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 30, 2010, 02:18:15 am
its more likely than you think (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/12/28/racists-batman-muslim-paris/)

"Setting aside the irony of these bloggers sticking their necks out for the same white Frenchmen they doubtlessly condemned as cowards or worse when France opposed the U.S. starting a war in Iraq, the ferocious racism in Huston and Green's remarks is nearly matched by their pronounced ignorance. It is because of France's imperial history and its laws regarding the legal immigration of former subjects and those born in former French territories (like Louisiana -- Gambit can run for President in France!) that the country finds itself with such a diverse population today, with a particularly large Arab demographic. In other words, Batman could hardly swing a batarang in Paris without hitting a Muslim, and that has been the case for decades."
Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 30, 2010, 03:21:16 am
Man.

So much to be disgusted with in this world, you know, and people are getting pissy #####ed over the religion of an incredibly minor fictional character?

I guess that everything else is fine in the world to this dude and that's the most horrifying thing left on his plate.
Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: miles on December 30, 2010, 06:44:09 am
So I read the subject as "a non-white bateman in MY Paris?!" and really had no idea what to expect. Maybe something on the development of a French Arrested Development with an Algerian cast? Or a Franco-American Psycho? Or better yet, a French Justine Bateman biopic starring Lisa Bonet? Although the actual subject makes much more sense, I was initially a bit disappointed when I clicked the link.

And oh yeah, fuck bigots. Fuck 'em in the eye.
Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 30, 2010, 03:19:45 pm
That's fucked.

But I really want to know more about the franchise. Can I be the Batman for the Arctic Circle?
Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: arkabee on December 30, 2010, 03:25:36 pm
That's fucked.

But I really want to know more about the franchise. Can I be the Batman for the Arctic Circle?

Are you a WASP?  If so, apply today!



Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: Nabubrush on December 30, 2010, 06:51:54 pm
Pure white as the driven snow!

(A little jewish ancestry; that'll probably DQ me.)
Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: side_show on December 31, 2010, 01:32:41 am
A white supremacist organization called the CCC.  How subtle.

Check out their Statement of Principles. (http://cofcc.org/introduction/statement-of-principles/)  I especially enjoy the group shot at the bottom of the page.  Donald Templer is a total dream boat, no?
Title: Re: a non-white batman in MY Paris?!
Post by: pmcd9 on December 31, 2010, 02:08:04 am
A white supremacist organization called the CCC.  How subtle.

I interviewed Gordon Lee Baum (http://cofcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/mediabypass.pdf), their CEO for an article I wrote (http://swc2.hccs.edu/proberts/diginetXpress/spring2008/politics/mcrae.xml) for a journalism class a few years ago.

I didn't realize they were the people behind this protest.