The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Death Ray on January 05, 2011, 05:51:04 pm

Title: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Death Ray on January 05, 2011, 05:51:04 pm
Can someone please explain to me why Achewood has turned into a mere trickle of its former self? I've been looking at the Roast Beef bitch tits strip for what seems like months  now. Is Onstad officially reducing his output to once an epoch, or does this owe to such other time consuming projects as scannable "smart" Achewood cocktail napkins and licensed "Here Comes A Special Boy" palsy helmets?

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01052011

Edited to add Comic Date and link to strip.

Title: Re: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 05, 2011, 06:13:46 pm
He's all tied up getting body mods and learning to ride fixies. He should have never moved to Portland.
Title: Re: Catch me up, please
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 05, 2011, 08:00:48 pm
There are lots of theories, DR, but no confirmation from any real or reliable source.

I've said in the past that I would pay significant money for a detailed explanation because I'm sort of fascinated with the rise and fall of the Achewood output but... yeah.

Such a thing does not exist.
Title: Re: Catch me up, please
Post by: Choop on January 05, 2011, 08:47:33 pm
he's too busy beating his wife
Title: Re: Catch me up, please
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2011, 09:10:48 pm
He's back.  So what if he had a brain problem. Quit staring at him! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01052011)
Title: Re: Catch me up, please
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 06, 2011, 12:12:04 am
Maybe if he could accept that "Dinosaur" is actually, oh I don't know, fuck*ng amazing it would help his brain problem.
Title: Re: Catch me up, please
Post by: MrCB on January 06, 2011, 08:41:32 am
My guess is that he has had a case of the depressions.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Choop on January 06, 2011, 03:20:54 pm
yeah i don't think anybody assumes he required trepanation
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Dullscythe on January 07, 2011, 09:54:46 am
I am feeling some concerns regarding the brain problem
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Dangermoose on January 07, 2011, 05:27:11 pm
Fancy California boy moves to Oregon, meets the eight-hour-long rainy day for the first time, gets depression.

He'll adjust.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 07, 2011, 05:28:28 pm
Fancy California boy moves to Oregon, meets the eight-hour-long rainy day for the first time, gets depression.

He'll adjust.

My personal experience is that most people adjust by drinking copious amounts of alcohol. This may not be conducive to meeting deadlines.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Doc on January 08, 2011, 02:51:47 am
Maybe he's busy working a couple of days a week in a coffee shop and really getting his band going.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Choop on January 08, 2011, 06:57:05 am
doc your roses are burning

because you are on fire
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Dangermoose on January 08, 2011, 07:48:36 am
Maybe he's busy working a couple of days a week in a coffee shop and really getting his band going.
CORRECT
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 08, 2011, 08:18:06 pm
I am actually pretty sure he lives within a mile of me. He's made reference to going to the same local stores as I go to.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: wombat on January 09, 2011, 02:00:34 am
Maybe someday you'll find out what coffee shop he's working in.

Not that there's anything wrong with an artist having a day job.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 09, 2011, 04:19:49 pm
Maybe someday you'll find out what coffee shop he's working in.

What work? I have a coffee shop up the street from me where Chris Onstad is currently doing just as much work as he is doing in washington or whatever.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: wombat on January 09, 2011, 04:27:40 pm
You all can complain all you want about the lack of free entertainment, I am too busy envying him this gig:
http://www.saveur.com/article/travels/City-Dozen-Chris-Onstad-and-Sarah-Kanabays-Portland-Oregon (http://www.saveur.com/article/travels/City-Dozen-Chris-Onstad-and-Sarah-Kanabays-Portland-Oregon)
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2011, 02:29:42 am
Should have known he'd pimp NoPo.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: arkabee on January 10, 2011, 05:51:08 am
maybe he moved to oregon to work on his Twighlight FanFic.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: AugustWest on January 19, 2011, 04:19:38 pm
Time to turn the S0-SAD light back on, Chris.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2011, 07:39:02 pm
I have some fridge magnets I made for Chris but I was waiting to send them along with a nice copy of my book when it comes out in April. You think I better send them now to cheer him up? 

Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 19, 2011, 10:46:41 pm
I have some fridge magnets I made for Chris but I was waiting to send them along with a nice copy of my book when it comes out in April. You think I better send them now to cheer him up? 


Stat!
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Drygioni on January 24, 2011, 04:13:57 am
I blame America
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 24, 2011, 04:16:12 am
Who doesn't?
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Doc on January 24, 2011, 10:14:19 am
The GOP?
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 24, 2011, 02:47:32 pm
The GOP?

The only America they like is the one from the 50s.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Choop on January 24, 2011, 03:11:34 pm
the '50s? not with those marginal tax rates, brah


ohdidyoumeanthe 1850s
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: pmcd9 on January 24, 2011, 04:12:36 pm
The only America they like is the one from the 50s.

Well socially, maybe.  They long for a time before rock and roll when minorities and women knew their place and gays didn't exist.  Economically they want to go back to the 19th century when the land was ruled by robber barons.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: lprkn on January 24, 2011, 04:39:04 pm
and the gold standard. And the spoils system.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 24, 2011, 06:57:46 pm
You guys are looking too closely at my glib throwaway bits. Work with me here.

Seriously, though, I don't find that the GOP really looks that closely at their gauzy memories of better times. Perhaps you know some right-wingers that are wearing less rose-colored glasses.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: pmcd9 on January 24, 2011, 09:18:20 pm
So much of what gets posted in the shit my ___ says is right wing rose colored glasses wearing. 
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 24, 2011, 09:41:35 pm
This is what I mean. Ol' Glenn Beck seems to think that the 50s were a kinder, gentler time with the womenfolk chained to the stove and the black folk keeping their mouths shut, but it's trivial to find like a hundred things that down line up to (ostensibly) what he is really looking for. Fuck, the goddamn tea party was just a way for the smugglers (I'm looking at you, John Hancock) to keep making money.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Dangermoose on January 26, 2011, 06:41:10 pm
I hope Onstad is enjoying his silent period as much as Miles (http://bit.ly/epkFsL) did, but somehow I doubt it.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Doc on January 27, 2011, 10:59:20 am
Is anyone even checking the site regularly anymore? Could he throw up a whole week of strips and we'd never know?
Or a crazy suicide note?
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: AugustWest on January 27, 2011, 01:43:27 pm
Still no strip, but another mediocre-ass Chapbook on the pay side.

Do some real work, Chris.  Regular concerted effort helps fight depression.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2011, 04:23:54 pm
Is anyone even checking the site regularly anymore? Could he throw up a whole week of strips and we'd never know?
Or a crazy suicide note?

This thread started as a snarky why isn't Chris Onstad making more strips kinda thing that just so happened to be posted around the same time as a new strip.  The next day when I saw that nobody had bothered to start a thread for the new strip I added the date to the subject and a link to the strip in the message body of this thread and called it good.

Does that answer your question?
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: Nabubrush on January 27, 2011, 05:20:44 pm
This thread started as a snarky why isn't Chris Onstad making more strips kinda thing that just so happened to be posted around the same time as a new strip.  The next day when I saw that nobody had bothered to start a thread for the new strip I added the date to the subject and a link to the strip in the message body of this thread and called it good.

Does that answer your question?

This just leaves me with more questions!
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 27, 2011, 06:10:44 pm
if there were new shit, it would show up on my RSS feed.  also, this is the first site i check when i do my daily internet business, so if there is an update, someone usually posts it and i catch it before i even make it to google reader.
Title: Re: 2011-01-05: Catch me up, please
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2011, 06:18:32 pm
This just leaves me with more questions!

Such as...?