The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: side_show on February 04, 2011, 03:12:40 pm

Title: A Map of the World
Post by: side_show on February 04, 2011, 03:12:40 pm
I live on the boarder of Drunks & Nothing and Freaks. (http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2JMNWW/nextround.net/upcoming/thumbs/2010/11/11/World-Map-By-Stereotypes-full.jpg)
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: theinevitable on February 04, 2011, 07:26:03 pm
Lately I think a lot about how I think of Australia as being... America, but more. Arkansas with a beach.

I like "closed ports."
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: jaydub on February 04, 2011, 07:39:33 pm
This reminded me of a NOVA show I saw recently on the evidence that as recently as 50 million years ago the South Pole (and Antarctica in general) had a subtropical to tropical climate.  Giant sequoia trees.  Rainforests.  Large animals.  Still had the long summer days and winter nights though.   
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: CortJstr on February 04, 2011, 09:44:50 pm
Lately I think a lot about how I think of Australia as being... America, but more. Arkansas with a beach.

I like "closed ports."

That has to be a reference to that pandemic Flash game.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: theinevitable on February 04, 2011, 11:01:08 pm
yep! good game.
(http://conflicthealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/SHUTDOWNEVERYTHING.gif)
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: side_show on February 05, 2011, 01:00:27 am
"Bjork" is my personal favorite.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 05, 2011, 02:42:42 am
I have only lived in Stonerland and Freaksville and would never care to live anywhere else.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: AugustWest on February 05, 2011, 05:45:24 pm
I have only lived in Stonerland and Freaksville and would never care to live anywhere else.

Is it because people are more open-minded and less provincial there?
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 05, 2011, 09:11:28 pm
Is it because people are more open-minded and less provincial there?

they like to think theyre more open-minded.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: jay-ell on February 05, 2011, 09:38:43 pm
My dad would say they're so open-minded, their brains fell out.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2011, 01:33:20 am
What August Said.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 06, 2011, 02:29:16 am
I have travelled throughout Jesus and Meth extensively. I've had some good times in Lawlessness for sure.

I've briefly toured Lazy Fucks and Corrupt and Broken.

They're all fun places to spend a coupla weeks now and again.

But I am comfortable enough with myself to admit what my comfort zone is. Stoners or Freaks for me!
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: Doc on February 06, 2011, 12:13:12 pm
So now I need to know what Arkansas is like.
Title: Re: A Map of the World
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 06, 2011, 05:35:05 pm
So now I need to know what Arkansas is like.

its nestled firmly in the "Jesus and meth" region.