The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: atalkingdog on February 18, 2011, 10:29:22 am

Title: Achewood Store
Post by: atalkingdog on February 18, 2011, 10:29:22 am
Did the Achewood Store close?

I wanted to buy a t-shirt and couldn't find the link.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 18, 2011, 12:05:56 pm
onstard would rather beg for money than provide entertainment or merchandise. 
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2011, 02:20:07 pm
I'm starting to be torn between the impotent rage and frustration I've been feeling and a growing concern for Onstad's well-being.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2011, 03:23:46 pm
Yeah, it's a fine line between artistic temperment and emotional pathology. 
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 18, 2011, 04:29:20 pm
One might argue that the artistic temperment IS a sort of emotional pathology.

I would, for example.

I would argue that. haha.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 18, 2011, 05:19:39 pm
One might argue that the artistic temperment IS a sort of emotional pathology.

frank lloyd wright, for instance.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: pmcd9 on February 18, 2011, 07:10:59 pm
I mean, I hope the movie went into production and his hours are going there...but I don't think this one has such as a blue-sky such as that, y'know.

If there were a movie we would have heard about it.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2011, 08:44:46 pm
Did the Achewood Store close?

I wanted to buy a t-shirt and couldn't find the link.

The store vanished without mention a few months back. Other than that we don't know more than you do, really.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 18, 2011, 09:34:10 pm
If it was that the guy got a normal-folk job or had some big film or television option brewing...

Would he still be rifling through his notebooks for random sketches to keep the donations and scamscription site parts going?

I suppose it is possible but it doesn't seem to parse out logically.

If those were the case, I have to think he'd just flat-out announce an end or announce a sabbatical or something.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 19, 2011, 01:09:48 am
I love the logical extension of what Ash is laying out.

"What are you doing working in an office, Chris? Quit fuck*ng around and talking about your DREAMS of WORKING IN AN OFFICE! I don't care about your DREAMS, the children are STARVING, Chris! Get back to your REAL JOB where you draw teddy bears getting stoned with housecats! Mother warned me, you know, Mother warned me not to marry a dreamer like you. I told her... I told her all that talk about accounting and coding, those were just old childish fantasies... I told her you had a steady job now, using a Mac to draw gay *****s for the internet. I TOLD HER YOU CHANGED, CHRIS, YOU MADE ME LIE TO MY MOTHER! Get BACK in this house and DRAW AN OTTER WHO THINKS HE MARRIED A FLOWER while drunk and in your underwear like a MAN! Like a GROWN UP MAN! PROVIDE for your fuck*ng children, Chris!"

Like an inside-out DEATH OF A SALESMAN and shit.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: wombat on February 19, 2011, 01:54:47 am
I'd give that ten thousand cans, but I don't want to upset Ash with all the changes going on in his life and all. Instead let's say you're forgiven ten thousand excess ellipses.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: atalkingdog on February 19, 2011, 03:26:00 am
Oh.  well.  hopefully he made enough money to take a break, if that is what he needed.
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: Choop on February 19, 2011, 06:20:31 am
I'd give that ten thousand cans, but I don't want to upset Ash with all the changes going on in his life and all. Instead let's say you're forgiven ten thousand excess ellipses.

wombat you are the queen of awesome
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: Dullscythe on February 19, 2011, 08:22:48 am
You guys are kind of giving me the depression talking about Onstand this way

Not because I think you are wrong or anything, but because I am worried you are correct
Title: Re: Achewood Store
Post by: pmcd9 on June 22, 2012, 08:38:13 pm
You guys are kind of giving me the depression talking about Onstand this way

Not because I think you are wrong or anything, but because I am worried you are correct

We didn't know how right we were.