The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on December 25, 2003, 11:50:10 am

Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: wombat on December 25, 2003, 11:50:10 am
Perfect.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: jough on December 25, 2003, 05:10:04 pm
I would've thought Philippe would have focused more on, you know, that birthday guy.  Je-somethingorother.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: andalucia on December 25, 2003, 05:46:52 pm
Although I am very fond of Philippe having drink-mixing skills.

[Edit:  I reread it, and I take back my comment, after seeing that it's a *vodka* martini.  Pshh.]
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: jough on December 25, 2003, 09:22:11 pm
I too prefer vodka martinis to gin martinis, although I will drink a nice Bombay Sapphire martini every once in awhile, for variety.

And don't get me started about asking for a "Gibson" in most bars.  Egad, around here they don't even know what a Rob Roy is.

Don't bartenders have to have degrees in "Mixology" anymore?
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: V-Adore on December 26, 2003, 01:09:08 am
I expected Santa Ray to show up by the end of the strip, or possibly Santa Lyle. God only knows they'd appreciate the martini and nachos.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 26, 2003, 02:42:31 pm
Please.  Santa drinks manhattans.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: St_Zartan on December 27, 2003, 02:02:22 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I expected Santa Ray to show up by the end of the strip, or possibly Santa Lyle.


Same here, actually. Although it'll never, ever happen, I would just love to read the implicit backstory to this strip - and find out who, exactly, put this idea into poor little Philippe's head. I mean, on the one hand, you've got milk and cookies - pastoral, innocent, even the savage little unscrubbed hellions down the road that fill the idle afternoons setting each others' homes on fire know about this combo - and then on the other, vodka and nachos. Which reminds me of a personal anecdote involving impulsive behaviour, a tattoo parlor, and the HIV virus, but never mind; I shan't stray off topic.

I point the finger at Ray (Lyle's liquor tends to the brown) and an unattended stack of Beavis and Butt-Head DVDs.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: CortJstr on December 28, 2003, 10:13:37 pm
Judging by the food items I can only assume that this was Ray's doing. He might not actually play Santa but I'm sure these items were his thoughts.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: Choop on December 28, 2003, 10:53:53 pm
Yeah, Lyle would have told Philippe to leave Santa a bottle of Beam's Choice, no food.
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: doomglobe on January 02, 2004, 05:47:11 am
snapping a q-tip off in someones ear, eh? now there's one I havent tried yet. mebbe black peter will finally bring me that coal I have always wanted if I do...
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: jay-ell on January 02, 2004, 05:53:45 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Although it'll never, ever happen, I would just love to read the implicit backstory to this strip - and find out who, exactly, put this idea into poor little Philippe's head...I point the finger at Ray (Lyle's liquor tends to the brown) and an unattended stack of Beavis and Butt-Head DVDs.


See, when I read this strip, I thought, "Oh, that's totally Lie Bot."
Title: guest week christmas day
Post by: V-Adore on January 02, 2004, 09:18:55 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"

See, when I read this strip, I thought, "Oh, that's totally Lie Bot."

I think Ray probably instigated the nachos-and-booze idea, but Lie Bot was definitely involved in the equation somewhere -- I'd say at the general germ of the idea that Santa is somehow atoning for something bad he did previously. It's just not quite a Philippey idea, but it's exactly what Lie Bot would tell Philippe about that jolly old elf.