The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 24, 2011, 03:07:54 pm

Title: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: pmcd9 on February 24, 2011, 03:07:54 pm
Not the bullshit slogans of the Bush Administration, but actual democracy rising up from the streets of Egypt, Tunisia, and now Libya and even Saudi Arabia.

I guess the right wing in this country is waiting to see how it goes before they try to take credit for this.
Title: Re: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: Nabubrush on February 24, 2011, 04:07:31 pm
Not the bullshit slogans of the Bush Administration, but actual democracy rising up from the streets of Egypt, Tunisia, and now Libya and even Saudi Arabia.

I guess the right wing in this country is waiting to see how it goes before they try to take credit for this.

I'd give you a can for this, but I just spent one on you elsewhere. If I was a mod, I'd just give you 2735 cans and call it good.
Title: Re: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 24, 2011, 09:14:50 pm
regardless of what wing theyre on, id guess all the movers and shakers are waiting and watching to see what kind of deals and how much money they can make out of it.
Title: Re: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 24, 2011, 11:27:35 pm
regardless of what wing theyre on, id guess all the movers and shakers are waiting and watching to see what kind of deals and how much money they can make out of it.
Free countries trade more and grow more. We all make money on democracy. (I made percentage points on the oil spike, but Saudi Arabia had to go and ruin that fun)

I don't think anyone can claim responsibility for this except for the crew with the largest balls in the universe that is taking to the streets. That or the CIA. I could easily be sold the idea that we were in on this from the inside.
Title: Re: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2011, 10:17:11 pm
...largest balls in the universe...the CIA...

I think that they are mostly mutually exclusive terms these days. Maybe back in the '60s. Now if you said Mossad, I might be on board.
Title: Re: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: Nabubrush on February 25, 2011, 11:02:43 pm
He did say "or", but some of the referents are a little unclear to me.
Title: Re: Democracy in the Middle East
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 25, 2011, 11:44:16 pm
Referant doesnt get enough air time. Keep up the good fight.