The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: jaydub on March 02, 2011, 12:22:58 am

Title: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: jaydub on March 02, 2011, 12:22:58 am
(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/3/1/15/enhanced-buzz-9942-1299010252-6.jpg)
Naturally, Wombat's favourite (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vFmX_AelEuE/SPGZJftbblI/AAAAAAAACFQ/uafEFH_Es-o/s400/NoOneKnowsUrADog.jpg) gets the treatment.

Linky to original article (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/charlie-sheen-quotes-as-new-yorker-cartoons)
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: Nabubrush on March 02, 2011, 12:55:31 am
Chuck doesn't seem like he can quite handle it. I was thinking about this today. Obviously Keef was always in control of his substances. I worry a bit about Charlie - he's not as clearly out of control as Belushi or Chris Farley or Corey Haim, but the drugs are using him, not the other way around.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 02, 2011, 01:25:41 am
I think hes just manic. Everything he says points to someone in a state of mania. Throw in the access to millions of dollars and youve got charlie. He passes drug tests on the reg these days, so I dont think the recent behavior can be blamed on drugs, although he did make a brief mention of lion blood, which is either a metaphor, or the powerful anabolic steroid you can buy easily on the internets.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 02, 2011, 01:26:57 am
kimmel kartoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhgWRTr3oIg)
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: AugustWest on March 02, 2011, 04:57:57 am
I think hes just manic. Everything he says points to someone in a state of mania. Throw in the access to millions of dollars and youve got charlie. He passes drug tests on the reg these days, so I dont think the recent behavior can be blamed on drugs, although he did make a brief mention of lion blood, which is either a metaphor, or the powerful anabolic steroid you can buy easily on the internets.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, old bean.  The interview I saw with him yesterday made me think "pathological" not "hopped up on goofballs".

A certain amount of it may also be cynical attention whoring.  But it's hard to figure how he'd make such shenanigans pay.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: miles on March 02, 2011, 05:05:31 am
A certain amount of it may also be cynical attention whoring.  But it's hard to figure how he'd make such shenanigans pay.

So I haven't been following the news at all, not even on google or the little news banner thing on my phone. But twitter's blowing up with the dude, and that can't be the only medium. Sometimes attention is pay enough to a whore.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: oball on March 02, 2011, 06:19:15 am
Quote
“I am on a drug – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”

This sounds like something Axe Cop (http://axecop.com/) would say.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: wombat on March 02, 2011, 02:40:22 pm
I am so not feeling this Charlie Sheen meme, even baby sloths (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/charlie-sheen-quotes-presented-by-baby-sloths) aren't helping.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: Nabubrush on March 02, 2011, 03:38:23 pm
I am not completely sold on the idea that he is clean and sober, as opposed to experiencing a little lull - a calm before the storm, if you will. All the best to CS, but I know how that stuff goes pretty intimately.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: Nabubrush on March 02, 2011, 04:53:14 pm
I hope so too. He does not have the kind of brain-wiring that mixes well with vast amounts of income. I hope his deal works out like Robt Downey Jr's. I didn't think he was going to make it, either, and he seems to be ok.
Title: Re: Charlie Sheen Quotes Imagined with New Yorker Cartoons.
Post by: miles on March 03, 2011, 05:47:04 am
The Uses of Charlie Sheen, A Wittgensteinian Investigation. (http://walterkirn.blogspot.com/2011/03/three-uses-for-charlie-sheen.html)