The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2011, 09:31:05 pm

Title: Timpano
Post by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2011, 09:31:05 pm
Have you guys ever heard of this Italian dish?  OMG!!!  A friend posted some pictures on Facebook yesterday.  I was like, "what the hell is THAT!?"  I literally dreamed about last night.  I've got to get Timpano into my life.  I found detailed recipe on this blog (http://www.angelasfoodlove.com/food-blog/2008/6/15/pauls-big-night-timpano.html).  I haven't read through it yet, but the pictures strongly suggest this is the way I should go.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 15, 2011, 11:12:40 pm
if i were to make that, i would leave out the eggs.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: wombat on March 15, 2011, 11:22:28 pm
Saw the movie, but never ate the dish.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: miles on March 16, 2011, 03:46:36 am
Stanley Tucci!
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: Choop on March 16, 2011, 04:41:07 am
went for the tucci, stayed for the shalhoub
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 16, 2011, 01:39:58 pm
Love that movie.  "Thank you for the best meal I will ever have in my life."
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: Nabubrush on March 17, 2011, 05:06:38 pm
As usual, I am with Wombat.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: pmcd9 on March 17, 2011, 08:28:28 pm
I had never even heard of the movie, but the dish looks interesting.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: Nabubrush on March 17, 2011, 11:22:45 pm
I think you would really like the movie, Paul.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2011, 12:01:56 am
I think you would really like the movie, Paul.

I'll put in the que.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2011, 12:35:00 am
Anybody else seen this? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419294/)  It's pretty heavy on the Tommy Lee Jones, but I enjoyed it anyhow.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2011, 01:03:06 am
Anybody else seen this? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419294/)  It's pretty heavy on the Tommy Lee Jones, but I enjoyed it anyhow.

Is there Timpano in that movie too?
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2011, 01:03:52 am
Is there Timpano in that movie too?

No, but people were talking about movies...
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: Nabubrush on March 21, 2011, 03:07:28 am
That is an unacceptable derail. Take it to the movie thread.

Man, Dwight Yoakam and Levon Helm in the same flick? Cool!
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: miles on March 21, 2011, 03:11:14 am
That is an unacceptable derail. Take it to the movie thread.

Man, Dwight Yoakam and Levon Helm in the same flick? Cool!

Dwight Yoakam is the shit. He plays in Wendover every year it seems like (do people outside of Utah and Nevada know anything about Wendover?) but I can never talk my friends into going, and I'm not going to Wendover to see a concert by myself.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2011, 03:29:29 am
That is an unacceptable derail. Take it to the movie thread.

Man, Dwight Yoakam and Levon Helm in the same flick? Cool!

Yeah, and they're both excellent in it.
Title: Re: Timpano
Post by: pmcd9 on April 06, 2011, 05:34:07 pm
Apparently I have heard of Big Night (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10082001), but forgot.