The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 17, 2011, 11:51:43 pm

Title: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 17, 2011, 11:51:43 pm
Probably should have done this earlier, but maybe next year? ESPN has groups we can join.

So far I'm 5-2, W. Va, Kentucky, Temple, SDSU, and Pitt, but Louisville and Butler.

Worth a try: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=1706702&sp=true
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2011, 01:41:45 am
yeah, it's a little late.  But I'll do it if anybody else will.

Neither of my alma maters played well today.  At least UK pulled it out at the end.

Oddly enough, one daughter is planning to go to Morehead in the fall, the other to Louisville.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: theinevitable on March 18, 2011, 02:47:22 am
Almost everyone I picked (http://www.wxdu.org/brackets/2011/punk) got eliminated in the first or second round.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 18, 2011, 04:49:10 am
I'm at 83%, and I picked Richmond and Gonzaga.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: jaydub on March 18, 2011, 05:14:37 am
If y'all are into it next year I'll put together a bracket, though it'll be like LFM at football.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 18, 2011, 05:52:19 am
I will have to try to remember to arrange this next year.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 18, 2011, 05:33:20 pm
If you already have a bracket set up on espn.com, you can join a group.  You can't get in now if you don't already have your bracket, though.

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=205484
group name:  TOUAMB
password:  nicepete

I had St. John's in the final four, so pretty much everyone is ahead of me already.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 18, 2011, 10:42:46 pm
If you already have a bracket set up on espn.com, you can join a group.  You can't get in now if you don't already have your bracket, though.

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=205484
group name:  TOUAMB
password:  nicepete

I had St. John's in the final four, so pretty much everyone is ahead of me already.

I am killing you.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2011, 04:01:41 am
Ulp - you're gaining.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 19, 2011, 04:09:12 pm
FUCK and YES George Mason!

Also VCU, who I normally hate, but CAA pride and all that.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: lprkn on March 20, 2011, 04:14:33 am
I had St. John's in the final four, so pretty much everyone is ahead of me already.

Not this guy!
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 20, 2011, 04:15:43 am
I'm still theoretically alive for all my eights (and so on) to come through.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Nabubrush on March 25, 2011, 01:27:55 pm
My bracket is busted.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: AugustWest on March 26, 2011, 04:19:26 am
How about those KENTUCKY WILDCATS!!!
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2011, 04:22:16 am
Apparently, as I learned tonight when I saw a banner that engulfed an entire side of the downtown Hilton hotel (so much for your park view, suckers), that the Final Four is being held in my fair city.  This is cool.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: AugustWest on March 28, 2011, 03:05:57 am
Apparently, as I learned tonight when I saw a banner that engulfed an entire side of the downtown Hilton hotel (so much for your park view, suckers), that the Final Four is being held in my fair city.  This is cool.

Wish I could be there to see it.  And you.

GO CATS!
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2011, 07:46:39 am
Okay, it doesn't exactly engulf the entire side of the building, but it is about nine stories high (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/5566877177/)
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 28, 2011, 02:33:26 pm
I am deeply conflicted about this VCU thing.  Mid-major, Virginia school, giant killer, ordinarily I'd be happy about this.  But, they're George Mason's #1 rival and I hate them.

Would Duke fans be happy if North Carolina made the final four?  No, no they would not.
Title: Re: March Madness
Post by: CortJstr on March 28, 2011, 08:38:16 pm
Apparently, as I learned tonight when I saw a banner that engulfed an entire side of the downtown Hilton hotel (so much for your park view, suckers), that the Final Four is being held in my fair city.  This is cool.

They'd better get a move on. March is almost over