The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: KeithHernandez on March 24, 2011, 05:36:49 am

Title: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 24, 2011, 05:36:49 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022001

I didn't realize that "a momentary diversion on the road to the grave" came about this early.  One of my favorite Achewood bits, or whatever.  Maybe there was just a poster I liked?
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 24, 2011, 05:48:41 am
There is something to be said for the rendering of the bear in the third panel.

His pose has changed JUST enough where you can tell he wasn't just copied from the first two panels.

As if to say "his position doesn't really need to be different and it wouldn't make any sense for it to be much different but I have to prove that I am rendering new things for the third panel".

So the bear leans slightly.

I like this.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 24, 2011, 06:09:28 am
"Because of a problem?" is a line I have always wanted to use in real life, but the proper situation has never arisen.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: pmcd9 on March 24, 2011, 06:33:57 am
This strip is pure genius.  Not one, but two of Achewood's most enduring expressions arise from these three panels.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 24, 2011, 09:09:36 am
"Because of a problem?" is a line I have always wanted to use in real life, but the proper situation has never arisen.
I've actually integrated it seamlessly years ago. I've long forgotten that I'm using something from achewood. Mind blown.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: wombat on March 24, 2011, 01:17:27 pm
"Because of a problem?" is a line I have always wanted to use in real life, but the proper situation has never arisen.

You must lead a charmed life.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 24, 2011, 01:28:27 pm
I use "Because of a problem?" as well.  When someone demands to know why something went wrong, and there isn't a particularly good explanation.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 24, 2011, 01:53:24 pm
You must lead a charmed life.

I should clarify that the "proper situation" includes me remembering that now would be a good time to use the line "Because of a problem?" This has yet to happen.
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: jay-ell on March 24, 2011, 01:55:51 pm
Yeah, "Because of a problem" happens almost daily in our house.

"Why is there an empty jar of peanut butter in the refrigerator?"

"Because of a problem?"
Title: Re: 2001-10-02- I got him a Stomper!
Post by: Nabubrush on March 24, 2011, 03:01:46 pm
I have a hard time believing Mr. Bear owns a Stomper. Or at least that it is out of the packaging.