The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: side_show on March 25, 2011, 09:44:22 pm

Title: Bullshit coalition
Post by: side_show on March 25, 2011, 09:44:22 pm
Great it's time for another Canadian Federal Election. (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/tory-minority-government-set-fall-liberal-contempt-motion-20110325-065751-088.html)  Fourth one in seven years.  I'm betting on another total waste of time and money with results similar to the last two.   fuck*ng bullshit.

Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 26, 2011, 04:21:08 am
You guys better keep it together or well start bombing your air defense.
Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: side_show on April 13, 2011, 01:47:05 am
 Don't Vote For Mean People. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHl_Oi-u7rs&feature=share)So Canadian it hurts.
Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: side_show on May 03, 2011, 01:06:01 am
I know you're all awaiting the results as eagerly as I am.  Eep.  Hoping it's not more of the same bullshit.
Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: Nabubrush on May 03, 2011, 03:46:42 pm
I'll just mention here, as slightly germane, that I'm really happy to be living in a place where I like and support many of my public servants. The folks I've had a hand in electing in Portland actually push for positions that I support, which is a refreshing change.
Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: side_show on May 04, 2011, 05:41:00 am
Wow - that turned out really badly.  If you take a look at this map (http://afhimelfarb.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/election-results.jpg), and if you can spot Winnipeg on it, you may note a tiny, tiny blip of orange.  That's my neighborhood.  The Orange is the leftist NDP seats (102 seats), the blue is the Conservative party (167 seats), the red is what's left of the ravaged Liberal party (34 seats). 

Bad times to come - the Conservatives have a proven track record of major cuts to woman's programs and disregard for aboriginal and poverty issues.

As for your post Nabu, my neighbourhood is odd, as it votes along the same lines and my beliefs, but it is an island, surrounded by elected officials of opposing opinions.  The party I typically support, the NDP, is the official opposition for the first time in history.  Their views are the polar opposite of the new ruling party - the Conservative party.

I, like many Canadians had expected little change.  In my riding, that was true, but over all the breakdown of the Liberal party has had a dramatic effect over the country and what will happen over the next four years.
Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: Nabubrush on May 04, 2011, 02:03:49 pm
I'm really sorry to hear this.

My larger neighborhood is much the same, in that I live in Portland (a bastion of freethinking/progressives) in a state that can be alarmingly . . . well, I don't want to run anybody down. Let's just say that I was pretty horrified when I saw the numbers of folks who came out for the doddering old fool/madwoman ticket (whoops, I did it anyway). I fool myself by being surrounded by hippies and freaks.
Title: Re: Bullshit coalition
Post by: pmcd9 on May 04, 2011, 03:12:11 pm
Even Vancouver is blue.