The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: smick on March 28, 2011, 02:51:22 pm

Title: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
Post by: smick on March 28, 2011, 02:51:22 pm
http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=11192001

and

http://www.utne.com/Politics/Ghost-Bikes-for-Dead-Riders-Run-Afoul-of-Law.aspx
Title: Re: Illegal Ghost Bikes
Post by: Nabubrush on March 28, 2011, 04:26:45 pm
I will never forget the first time I saw a ghost bike in Portland, and I was all "what the fuck is that? Who leaves a spray-painted bike chained to a sign?" and my wife had to tell me that was where somebody died. Took the chipper right off my day.

Kind of like when I was in a Mexican strip club, and me and the guy I was there with were watching bull riding videos, and I eventually asked him why every once in a while they'd put a little skull and crossbones in the corner of the clip at the end - and of course he said "that means the rider got killed".
Title: Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2011, 05:27:29 pm
I thought we were gonna do this in order.
Title: Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
Post by: Nabubrush on March 28, 2011, 05:34:36 pm
I think it's just a coincidence that the Utne article showed up now.
Title: Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
Post by: smick on March 28, 2011, 10:12:25 pm
Yea, I wasn't trying to horn in on what Keith has been doing.   Just saw the article and posted it.
Title: Re: 2001-11-19 Illegal Ghost Bikes
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2011, 10:18:34 pm
Sorry.  I didn't realize that was a new article.  I guess I should read it now.