The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2011, 08:01:14 pm
-
Or whatever it's called.
When I import a CD into iTunes, it goes out onto the internet to find the names of the tracks and all that. So I get the second Dead Weather CD from the library yesterday, released at the end of '09, I think. Pop it in, and the internet says "never heard of this". I mean, I entered the tracks and info for my brother-in-law's band, that makes sense to me, but this CD had to have moved some units (aside: does anyone know a good webiste that I don't have to pay to get on that lists sales figures?) - so since I can't believe no one has imported it before, does this mean the famously eccentric Jack White deletes listings for it? I know he's sort of anti-digital in some ways (extra tracks released LP only, etc). Does anyone here know anything more about the GraceNote DB and related issues?
-
I know in the late 90s GraceNote started charging software companies to access the CDDB so a lot of programs moved to Freeddb instead. That's about it, though.