The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Nabubrush on April 12, 2011, 07:23:43 pm

Title: Helpful sites
Post by: Nabubrush on April 12, 2011, 07:23:43 pm
I posted one of these on FB, but here goes:

For opting out of yellow pages in general (http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com).
For opting out of Dex, specifically (http://www.dexknows.com). Dex is included in the above, but I'm told sometimes they don't go along with it. To opt out, go to the bottom and click on 'select your dex'.

I get like seven phone books a year or some shit. I hate the phone book. I have always hated the phone book, ever since they changed the numbers from, like, QT8-6739.

Title: Re: Helpful sites
Post by: theinevitable on April 12, 2011, 09:00:30 pm
took me a while to figure out you weren't testing to see how well the phone books perform at stopping bullets.
Title: Re: Helpful sites
Post by: Nabubrush on April 12, 2011, 11:43:22 pm
took me a while to figure out you weren't testing to see how well the phone books perform at stopping bullets.

That's how they make body armor down at the trailer court.
Title: Re: Helpful sites
Post by: pmcd9 on April 13, 2011, 01:41:39 am
I used to love the phone book.  Especially the Houston Yellow Pages from back in the day when it had a picture of Houston on it with a lot of little hidden stuff drawn into it.  It was always a thing to get the new Yellow Pages and spend the time to find all of the hidden pictures within the picture.

I used to collect the phone books from cities I visited and sometimes would refer to them.  Especially cities I was doing business in. 

Now the internet has come along and I'm like fuck the phone book.  How totally useless it's become.
Title: Re: Helpful sites
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2011, 03:55:48 am
This

You see a dude with 48 phone books and a coupla rolls of duct tape and you know it's gladiator dog-trainin' time.

FTFY
Title: Re: Helpful sites
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 13, 2011, 01:51:22 pm
Here is a useful site:  http://unclaimed.org/
It has links to the unclaimed property sites for all 50 states.  If someone has a check for you but they can't find you, it gets listed there.  You can search at any old address and find out if they're holding something for you.  I found small checks (money owed back from utility overpayments, mostly) for a few friends and family members.