The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on April 17, 2011, 01:07:22 am

Title: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 17, 2011, 01:07:22 am
What part about being an adult would your 10 year old self be most jealous of?
No bed time? Wheels to go wherever whenever? Ice cream whenever you want? Video games and toys on demand? Buying your own clothes? NO SCHOOL OR TEACHERS?
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: Doc on April 17, 2011, 01:18:14 am
I'm going to go with being able to stay up and read in bed till 2am if I want to (and can put off the nagging knowledge that I'll hate myself when I have to get up in the morning).
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: wombat on April 17, 2011, 01:36:56 am
No parents getting all up in my business. No mean girls at school.

I guess what those have in common is, I have achieved the goal of not having to spend time with people I don't want to spend time with.
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: jay-ell on April 17, 2011, 01:51:04 am
Being the one who makes the household rules. I guess I always had a bit of a problem with authority.

Also, I get to sleep in a bed with another person. From the time I was small, I would take any excuse to sleep in my parents' bed because having someone there while I slept made me feel secure. Having a spouse to spoon is probably the #1 most effortlessly wonderful thing about being married, and sometimes even after 9 years of marriage I still can't believe that I get to do it every single night.

What can I say, I'm a snuggler.
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: CortJstr on April 17, 2011, 06:01:45 am
Access to porn (and occasionally actual women)
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 17, 2011, 03:53:19 pm
Being able to buy my own clothes, particularly sports jerseys and such.
Snacks at will.  (Though as we all know that's a double-edged sword.)
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: miles on April 17, 2011, 06:54:47 pm
Access to porn (and occasionally actual women)

Couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't try.
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: theinevitable on April 18, 2011, 03:33:31 am
what JL said. I have my own place, with my own rules. No one cares if I eat cheeseburgers for two meals in a day, and top it off with a midnight donut run. And I get to sleep with a pretty gal as often as I want. A warm, soft girl in my bed is all I have wanted for as long as I can remember.

I am a big cuddler. Also, sex. YEAH.
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: Nabubrush on April 19, 2011, 10:13:19 pm
Access to porn (and occasionally actual women)

I was thinking this, but I think 10 was a little early for me. I'm guessing my thing would have been not having to be home at 6 for dinner, maybe. Also, I can buy as many Legos as I want.
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: CortJstr on April 19, 2011, 11:07:59 pm
I was thinking this, but I think 10 was a little early for me. I'm guessing my thing would have been not having to be home at 6 for dinner, maybe. Also, I can buy as many Legos as I want.

I distinctly remember looking for Playboys and stuff in our old house and we moved when I was 9 so I think 10 is pretty accurate. I have considered the Lego thing but haven't actually bought any as an adult. I do keep considering grabbing my old ones from my mom's house, though.
Title: Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
Post by: jaydub on April 20, 2011, 08:17:43 pm
Holy crap, so much not being in school.  Grade school was a place of doom, terror, and boredom for me.  The fact that I work in an actual science laboratory is the ultimate wish fulfillment of my 10-year old self.  The only thing better would be if it involved dinosaurs.