The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2011, 12:38:52 am

Title: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2011, 12:38:52 am
So, do you like the cover of your latest book (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5711.msg156958.html#msg156958)?
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2011, 01:20:53 am
The cover of my book is fantastic. They were very good about revising it until we got done with the horrible ideas for the typeface and they offered a decent one.

Now if only I could get the publisher to make sure the cover art shows up on all the websites where the book is sold. Somehow despite three weeks of email and continued reassurances, this is still fucked up. I guess my book-cover curse is manifesting itself differently this time.

I still can't imagine framing it, though. That still seems bizarre.
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2011, 01:21:14 am
Oh, and the cover of the next book is good too. It had damn well better be because I had to pay for the illustrator myself.
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2011, 01:54:18 am
I'm glad it all worked out - I had a vision of you at the kitchen table, seeing the final version and crying your eyes out, shaking your fist and cursing an unfeeling god.
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2011, 12:19:58 pm
There is some of that going on, because the most horrible interim version of the cover is still up at the publisher's website, despite the aforementioned three weeks of email, and I am still weeping and rending my garments about that.

But probably no one looks at that site, and the actual books are lovely, and the right cover is up at Amazon (because *I* put it there, dammit, why am I surrounded by idiots), so you don't have to be embarrassed to tell all your friends to buy it there, hint hint.

Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: pmcd9 on May 01, 2011, 04:17:20 pm
Is there a link to Amazon or wherever?  Did I miss a memo?
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: wombat on May 02, 2011, 05:52:57 pm
Paul, have you blocked me from your Facebook feed? I am insulted.
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: pmcd9 on May 02, 2011, 06:40:05 pm
Paul, have you blocked me from your Facebook feed? I am insulted.

No, of course not, but it's really easy to miss stuff on Facebook.  I have too many superfluous friends.

I'll go check now... Okay, I can't find anything there either.  You must not have posted it too recently.  I scrolled through about 4 pages of your wall.

Edit:  Okay, I found it.  Or at least I found the pages you created for the books.  I'll look for the links later.  Gotta go!
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: wombat on May 02, 2011, 09:07:32 pm
Actually, while that was a better joke, I should have directed you to the webpage you designed the banner for. Everything you need to know is there.
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: pmcd9 on May 03, 2011, 12:30:43 am
That's wombat dot com?
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: wombat on May 03, 2011, 01:47:27 am
No, and why isn't it? It's my real name dot com.
Title: Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
Post by: pmcd9 on May 03, 2011, 03:06:34 am
That didn't work.  I'm gonna try actual name dot com.  :;