The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2011, 12:59:43 pm

Title: Mayday mayday mayday!
Post by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2011, 12:59:43 pm
Happy Beltane, everybody! Unfortunately I'm not home to celebrate with the Missus as I'd like, but maybe you can all make up for that.

Edit: I screwed it up, sorry.
Title: Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
Post by: Doc on May 02, 2011, 03:50:13 am
I'm in the middle of my bi-monthly study madness and I went out to find that there are no coffee places open today. Seriously, what the hell? There were coffee places open on Anzac day, I even got a coffee Easter Sunday, but freaking Labour day is sacrosanct?
Title: Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
Post by: theinevitable on May 02, 2011, 04:16:08 am
on American labor day, these Europeans seemed very upset that I was having to work. They said "sorry that you have to work on your Labor Day."

I will never stop regretting that I didn't say "oh well, it's a damn commie holiday anyway."
Title: Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 02, 2011, 10:46:56 am
why is there a labor day if people take mental health days?
Title: Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
Post by: side_show on May 03, 2011, 01:12:34 am
In related news, I basically had no choice but to sign a union card on Friday.  Long, boring story.
Title: Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
Post by: Doc on May 03, 2011, 07:34:53 am
When will sMell's Long Socialist Nightmare end?