The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Asherdan on May 04, 2011, 05:57:23 am

Title: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Asherdan on May 04, 2011, 05:57:23 am
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: jay-ell on May 04, 2011, 12:36:16 pm
Happy Birthday Doc! Because you have friends across the world, your birthday is special: it actually lasts 36 hours instead of 24.

So keep right on partying until noon tomorrow where you are, because it will still be your birthday in a place where somebody cares about you until then.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Doc on May 04, 2011, 12:37:29 pm
That is the most beautiful thing. Thanks guys.

I hope it also means I can keep drinking till then. Non-family birthday presents so far include: a 10 pack of asian beers, a nice bottle of wine and 26 bottles of beer (on a wall) for turning 26. Life be good on this fine day.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 04, 2011, 12:51:20 pm
I thought this thread was going to be for discussing Bob Seger Lyrics.

This is much better.  Happy birthday Doc!
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: AugustWest on May 04, 2011, 01:11:20 pm
I thought this thread was going to be for discussing Bob Seger Lyrics.

This is much better. 

And How.

Happy Birthday!
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: CortJstr on May 04, 2011, 01:19:37 pm
That is the most beautiful thing. Thanks guys.

I hope it also means I can keep drinking till then. Non-family birthday presents so far include: a 10 pack of asian beers, a nice bottle of wine and 26 bottles of beer (on a wall) for turning 26. Life be good on this fine day.

If you take them down and pass them around I will have to seriously consider rescinding my wishes for a happy birthday.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Doc on May 04, 2011, 01:53:14 pm
I knew where you were driving Ash. They better run.


If you take them down and pass them around I will have to seriously consider rescinding my wishes for a happy birthday.
They were seriously on a wall next to my house. I took them down and put them in a box because I need to get up tomorrow. There were a few very nice ones in there too which deserve savouring. Luckily there were other beers already in the fridge to pass around.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: AugustWest on May 04, 2011, 02:27:17 pm


Think men at work not silver bullet band you frigging antiques.

Git offa my lawn!
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 04, 2011, 02:37:27 pm
Think men at work not silver bullet band you frigging antiques.

I was thinking AC/DC, which would be appropriate for the Australian.

THUN-DER.  aaahhhaaaaa, haaaaaa.  THUN-DER.

They play this at Nats games when the players come out on the field.  Gets stuck in my head. I can only assume they play it at OK City NBA games as well.

Oh yeah, happy birthday, Doc.  You been... thunderstruck.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Nabubrush on May 04, 2011, 02:58:59 pm
Well, then I will go with:


Caaaaaaaaaaaan't . . . . you feeeeeeeeeeel . . . . the loooooooooooove toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight . . . .




Happy fuck*ng birthday!

You using the whole fist, Doc?
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 04, 2011, 04:59:05 pm
i hope youre having a rad day, arkansas-style!
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: smick on May 04, 2011, 06:08:02 pm
Take cover!

(Happy Birthday!)
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: theinevitable on May 04, 2011, 09:47:37 pm
For some reason I did not realize you were near my age. Congrats on not seeming like a young fool to a young fool.

(happy birthday.)
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: lprkn on May 13, 2011, 01:36:57 am
Happy birthday from Amreekah.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: side_show on May 13, 2011, 03:24:51 pm
Belated Birthday Wishes.  Hope you have an awesome year until the next one.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: jaydub on May 13, 2011, 05:24:21 pm
Think men at work not silver bullet band you frigging antiques.
Where men shunder?  Always wondered about that lyric.  Maybe I misheard it.  Was it "chunder", slang for throwing up? 
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Nabubrush on May 13, 2011, 05:25:42 pm
I had heard it was chunder.

Also, happy really early birthday, since we're all still here. I mean, why not?
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 13, 2011, 07:39:10 pm
vv
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 14, 2011, 02:15:17 am
Was it "chunder", slang for throwing up?

Weird.
Title: Re: Can't you feel the thunder?
Post by: Doc on May 16, 2011, 03:41:26 am
Definitely chunder. I'm actually kind of creeped out now at being in the land where men shudder.