The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on May 06, 2011, 12:01:12 am
-
Not sure if this exact thing's been covered - next time home I have an opportunity to see some other shows, bands that maybe I've only heard a song or two (or none):
Cage the Elephant & Manchester Orchestra. I've heard Ain't No Rest for the Wicked (http://youtu.be/HKtsdZs9LJo). This dude has listened to a lot of Jack White and the Racontuers.
Airborne Toxic Event. I've heard Sometime Around Midnight (http://youtu.be/ZJi2z3tGKIg). I'm not terribly excited about this song.
So, based on these two, it seems like it's kind of been done before - am I missing anything here?
-
That Airborne Toxic Event song is great for some poor schlep who just got dumped by his girlfriend. For everyone else, it's corny as hell.
Two bands I dig right now: The Joy Formidable (http://blog.kexp.org/blog/2011/03/31/song-of-the-day-the-joy-formidable-whirring/) and Wye Oak (http://blog.kexp.org/blog/2011/03/28/song-of-the-day-wye-oak-civilian/).
-
Steve Earle's playing this next time in and I'm entertaining the idea of going.