The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on May 21, 2011, 05:25:01 pm

Title: The Rapture
Post by: Nabubrush on May 21, 2011, 05:25:01 pm
I live in sort of a liberal section of Portland (oxymoron, I know) so I'm not sure. Did the Rapture happen? Or is it supposed to be later?
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: Nabubrush on May 21, 2011, 05:34:25 pm
I'm seeing 6pm NZ time, and also 6pm EST (US).
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: side_show on May 21, 2011, 05:47:18 pm
Apparently it's supposed to travel in a wave across time zones, so it's supposed to hit at 6pm local time for each area of the world.

As for me, I'm going to a post rapture BBQ party tomorrow with all our secular friends.  Good times.

Also, I wish I'd thought of  this business (http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/).  I would be more than happy to respectfully take money from fools.  Plus I love animals.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: Doc on May 21, 2011, 10:41:20 pm
I made a point of spending it with people who I knew would still be around afterwards.

I like the idea, can't remember where I heard it, that the Rapture already happened a few years ago and no one noticed. Just a very slight spike in missing persons one month, and that was it.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: pmcd9 on May 22, 2011, 02:34:55 pm
Snippet of conversation with my dad yesterday.

He - Hey, it's 6:08.

Me - What happened?

He - Absolutely nothing.

You see, the funny thing is I had momentarily forgotten about the rapture and was genuinely confused by the conversation.

I'm going to an artcar parade today.  I doubt many of my friends got raptured so it should be a fun party.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: jay-ell on May 22, 2011, 04:00:18 pm
All day yesterday, I fought the urge to respond to all the "if you're still here, you're a sinner" posts on Facebook with Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

I thought that would be a bit preachy, tho.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: Nabubrush on May 22, 2011, 05:53:19 pm
At one point I was in a restaurant with my sweetie and I rose part way out of my chair and sort of shouted "I'm rapturin'! I'm rapturin'!"

We're regulars there, so they were ok with it.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 22, 2011, 09:11:01 pm
on a street corner there was a set of clothing arranged on the ground, as if the wearer suddenly disappeared from inside of them.  i thought it was a humorous touch.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: wombat on May 22, 2011, 10:01:10 pm
This is a nice one of those:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollychrome/5744531938/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollychrome/5744531938/)
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: side_show on May 23, 2011, 02:17:55 am
Regretsy (http://www.regretsy.com/) had a contest to create the best one.  Fun!
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: pmcd9 on May 23, 2011, 05:14:04 am
on a street corner there was a set of clothing arranged on the ground, as if the wearer suddenly disappeared from inside of them.  i thought it was a humorous touch.

I must have rapture blindness.  I quickly passed by one of those today at the parade and it wasn't until just this moment that I realized it was rapture clothes.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 23, 2011, 10:56:46 am
I must have rapture blindness.  I quickly passed by one of those today at the parade and it wasn't until just this moment that I realized it was rapture clothes.

you must have been busy eating, drinking, and, or being merry in whatever way you do.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: pmcd9 on May 23, 2011, 06:53:31 pm
you must have been busy eating, drinking, and, or being merry in whatever way you do.

Well I was at the Artcar parade so some clothes on the ground is neither all that strange or very interesting.
Title: Re: The Rapture
Post by: Drygioni on May 25, 2011, 05:08:41 am
Wait, you guys didn't get the Rapture over there? It were a blast