The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Drygioni on May 28, 2011, 02:32:28 am

Title: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: Drygioni on May 28, 2011, 02:32:28 am
Gil Scott-Heron is dead.

RIP Gilbert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaRtqrlGy8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaRtqrlGy8)
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: Nabubrush on May 28, 2011, 02:53:38 am
That really, really sucks. Well, he lasted a lot longer, considering his lifestyle, than anyone would have guessed.
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: AugustWest on May 28, 2011, 03:42:02 am
There was a good article on him in The New Yorker a couple years ago.  I remember when he was the musical guest on SNL in about '78 or so.  RIP.
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: Nabubrush on May 28, 2011, 04:03:02 am
Jeff Conaway (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1391649/Grease-star-Jeff-Conaway-dead-60.html) didn't make it, either.
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: KeithHernandez on May 28, 2011, 05:47:43 am
Could have seen him a few years ago but didn't have the cash, lame.
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: pmcd9 on May 28, 2011, 07:17:04 am
I was vaguely aware of him until last  year when one of his songs New York is Killing Me (http://youtu.be/WiuorrXsngM) appeared on that awesome 8 disc best of 2010 sampler that someone linked to here.  It's a great song.
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: Nabubrush on May 28, 2011, 08:03:21 am
I was vaguely aware of him until last  year when one of his songs New York is Killing Me (http://youtu.be/WiuorrXsngM) appeared on that awesome 8 disc best of 2010 sampler that someone linked to here.  It's a great song.

Man, whoever linked that . . . . I mean, what a great person that guy was. A real humanitarian. Salt of the Earth. A gentleman and a scholar. I'll stop now.
Title: Re: The funeral will not be televised
Post by: pmcd9 on May 28, 2011, 02:38:36 pm
Man, whoever linked that . . . . I mean, what a great person that guy was. A real humanitarian. Salt of the Earth. A gentleman and a scholar. I'll stop now.

I thought it was you Nabu, but you know I can't remember shit.