The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: side_show on June 11, 2011, 10:07:35 pm

Title: Japadog
Post by: side_show on June 11, 2011, 10:07:35 pm
Waahoooo!  It's Japadog (http://www.japadog.com/menu/index.html). 

Ash, next time you go see the wife, send a review our way, okay?
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: side_show on June 11, 2011, 11:22:09 pm
I was just watching a little news bit on the guy who runs that cart.  He was basically fantastic- so enthusiastic and kitschy. I don't even like hotdogs and he made me want to try one. 
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: pmcd9 on June 12, 2011, 03:05:59 am
I think that is a destination hot dog stand.  It might take a couple of days, but I'm pretty sure I want to eat every hot dog on that menu.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: Doc on June 12, 2011, 03:07:01 am
What Paul said. Just less likely.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 12, 2011, 01:35:43 pm
We have a fun hot dog place (http://www.eatdc3.com/) not far from my downtown DC office.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: pmcd9 on June 12, 2011, 06:19:03 pm
We have a fun hot dog place (http://www.eatdc3.com/) not far from my downtown DC office.

Now I got two hotdog stands to visit.  Ha ha.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: pmcd9 on June 12, 2011, 06:20:20 pm
Actually, I'm all talk.  There's a new hotdog stand (http://www.houstonpress.com/2010-10-21/music/moon-tower-inn/) in Houston that I've heard great things about, but have yet to visit.

I guess gourmet hotdog places are a new trend.  I'm all for it.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: Nabubrush on June 13, 2011, 07:45:51 pm
Then I made a dirty joke.

Of course you did.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: pmcd9 on July 03, 2011, 10:22:12 pm
Thanks for the review.

Japadog reviews are in: "It was interesting. I've never had a hotdog that I could have sworn was a giraffe."

I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I finally made it to my local gourmet hotdog place.  I had the wild boar dog, which was good.  I'm not sure I'm down with artisan hot dogs though.  Also, the place was crawling with hipsters.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 03, 2011, 10:27:04 pm
if it a place can be described as "gourmet" youre either going to dodge hipsters or upper middle-class moms.  or both.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: AugustWest on July 03, 2011, 10:56:38 pm
if it a place can be described as "gourmet" youre either going to dodge hipsters or upper middle-class hipster's moms.  or both.

FTFU
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: side_show on July 04, 2011, 02:35:22 pm
I'd love to see a shot of the dogs you taste.  I'm also unsure how to take the idea of a seafood tasting hot dog.  I don't typically like hotdogs, but I'd be open to trying such a  thing.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: wombat on July 04, 2011, 02:44:00 pm
Japadog reviews are in: "It was interesting. I've never had a hotdog that I could have sworn was a giraffe."

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this filter.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: side_show on August 03, 2011, 06:31:05 pm
Cool!  Glad to know you got a life. 

I really don't like weiners in general, so I have my doubts about this, but I am a bit of a Japan-o-file so it still has the sheen of vague coolness about it in general because of this.  I'm all for food that is an experience, so maybe that is the way to take it. I would try a Japadog if I happened to be out West.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2011, 08:01:24 pm
I am a bit of a Japan-o-file so

When my brothers and I divided my mother's random material goods, there was so much cool old Japanese stuff from when we lived there in the late-60s/early-70s. So many cool memories, and we all got neat things to remember and display. Lots of crazy books, too!
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2011, 08:40:16 pm
Based on outward appearances that Ukranian place looks like the best of the bunch.  Also, I covet your hot dogs.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 03, 2011, 09:26:14 pm
asher-d is from california.  he's used to dudes wanting his wiener.
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2011, 10:27:11 pm
Watch out for those cacti!
Title: Re: Japadog
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 04, 2011, 12:18:50 am
Any warnings about cactii make a dude think of the theme song to 'Hey Dude'.