The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 19, 2011, 07:43:39 am
-
Article (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/19/arts/music/clarence-clemons-e-street-band-saxophonist-dies-at-69.html?_r=2&hp&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1308456611-NXQcNZQ4kG2XkE%2FqpLiwug).
Aww, buggers. Sorry Wombat. I know you were our biggest Springsteen fan.
-
Crap. Just, crap.
-
That sucks.
He was no Seth Putnam, though.
-
That sucks.
He was no Seth Putnam, though.
Indeed not.
-
Can I just say that he picked a really inconsiderate time to die? If you have been following my moaning in the other thread about how watching Oingo Boingo videos and looking at current photos of Danny Elfman makes me feel my mortality - one thing I didn't mention there I think, is that Bruce Springsteen is actually a few years older, and he looks not at all decrepit in my opinion. I don't long for the younger Bruce at all, and in fact I always look at him and think, hey, I guess I have a number of good years ahead of me, you know?
So, I know Clemons was a lot older, but still. For me, it was not a good time for him to drop dead.
-
For me, it was not a good time for him to drop dead.
yeah, what a jerk.
-
I'm still counting on them curing death before I reach that plateau.
-
Clarence Clemons and I shared a birthday. That's always the first thing that comes to mind when I hear his name.
-
I'm still counting on them curing death before I reach that plateau.
I was totally counting on the baby boomers to take care of this before I got there. But it's getting closer and closer and I see no sign of progress. They aren't even making much progress in taking care of old people, which they had better do if they're going to continue letting people get old. I have a friend whose mother is showing signs of dementia, they need to put her in some kind of assisted living and she doesn't have enough money, so she's going to seminars which are basically "how to make sure your parents seem poor enough to qualify for assistance." This is not civilized. Get ON it, people!
-
I'm still counting on them curing death before I reach that plateau.
Fuck it. I'm going in the freezer when it comes to that.