The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on June 20, 2011, 03:53:06 am

Title: Blogs in general
Post by: Nabubrush on June 20, 2011, 03:53:06 am
So, I thought I'd start a topic for folks who write blogs. I know my first post didn't come off like gangbusters, but I have another one in the pipeline, and I think I'll find my voice eventually. I was sort of reluctant to do too much original stuff - more like I present, you decide.

Anyway, it's Intonarumoron (http://intonarumoron.wordpress.com/). A friend of mine also writes for it (he started it) and he likes a lot of pretty out there stuff, so some folks here might like his contributions. Perhaps moreso than mine.

I thought about linking to a couple of other blogs I know people here write, but I didn't want to overstep (although JL's is obviously here already). Anyway, if anyone is interested this could be a clearinghouse thread in case anyone wanted to find anyone else's blog.
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: pmcd9 on June 20, 2011, 05:02:55 am
Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/) is my blog.  The subject is usually whatever is going on in my life. I don't always have a story to accompany the photo, a picture is worth a 1000 words or so we've been told, but sometimes I go deep.  This post (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/5836710943/) is the latest photo where I actually talked about something.
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 20, 2011, 05:50:11 am
My personal journal/blog/whatever has been http://www.opendiary.com/littlefallsmets (http://www.opendiary.com/littlefallsmets) for over nine years now.

It is in no way supposed to be a professional representation of my writing, though, it's just where I bounce ideas and so forth.

Sometimes its interesting, though.
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 20, 2011, 04:39:39 pm
Sadly, I have all but stopped posting on my blog.  I still do the occasional Friday link dump, but that's about it.
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: Nabubrush on June 20, 2011, 05:19:01 pm
Sadly, I have all but stopped posting on my blog.  I still do the occasional Friday link dump, but that's about it.

That still counts. You could put that here (unless you already ruthlessly cull from your link dump to give us the cream of the crop).
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: pmcd9 on June 20, 2011, 09:17:02 pm
That still counts. You could put that here (unless you already ruthlessly cull from your link dump to give us the cream of the crop).

Actually, he probably gets a lot of his material from here.
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 21, 2011, 01:14:46 am
I do get some of them from here.  Others from Facebook, others from other blogs.  Anywheres and everywheres, really.

The blog is at www.bigfool.com/foolblog, by the way.
Title: Re: Blogs in general
Post by: Nabubrush on June 30, 2011, 02:55:26 am
Recent blog post about the intersection of music and Legos (http://intonarumoron.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/these-arent-pink-floyds-bricks/).