The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 01, 2004, 08:22:10 pm

Title: Moby is a Creep
Post by: pmcd9 on January 01, 2004, 08:22:10 pm
Saw Moby perform Radiohead's Creep on Conan last night.  when I turned it on I thought it looked like Moby, but I had never seen him with a full band and playing a guitar.  I quite liked it until the background singer girl took over the vocals on the soaring falsetto "she's running out again..." because she didn't soar, she sang it in the lower register.  That detail is what elevates the song to greatness.  Without it, it's still a good song, but missing a vital part of what made it great in it's original form.

~Paul
Title: Moby is a Creep
Post by: slink on January 01, 2004, 11:13:52 pm
Yeah. I've gotten more than tired of Moby.
Although re: him playing guitar and having a band, the best thing I ever saw him do was the Animal Rights tour - which was just him doing punk.
No synths in sight, just guitar, bass, drums, and punk vocals, and some rather good songs for Moby.
It was really quite acceptable.
Now on the other hand...
Ugh.
Again.
Title: Moby is a Creep
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 02, 2004, 02:25:35 pm
I caught that the other night and was a little bewildered.  What does Moby bring to that song?  How exactly was it better or different from the Radiohead original?  Conan could have booked a hundred different unknown cover bands to do the same thing.