The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2011, 12:30:10 am
-
Apparently the lockout (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-frederick/nfl-owners-lockout_b_906096.html) is over. I'm glad they've worked out their differences as I had finally started watching the game again pretty regularly last season after about 10 year layoff. Well let's see the Oilers left Houston after the '96 season (I had to look that up) so I guess it's been more like 12-13 years since I watched football on any kind of regular basis. But I watched at least one football game on most Sundays last season and I'm pretty sure that I watched most of the playoffs the season before that. I don't really know if I have anything to say about this other than I'm glad they worked it out as I'm sure that a lockout would have probably sent me away from the game for another decade. As it is, I'll never again be a diehard fan and I will never spend any money on it. So, I guess my opinion doesn't matter.
-
You will join our fantasy football league this year, yes?
The lockout has resulted in an abbreviated period of contract negotiations and free agency, which is annoying as hell. Half of SportsCenter is taken up with who's moving where, or may be moving where, or whatever. There have been stories on the sports blogs about people totally making up rumors about "this player in negotiations with this team" (in some cases making up a completely fake player), posting it on Twitter, and within a couple hours it's on one of the major sports sites, completely unverified. The truth is nobody knows any damn thing until a player is actually signed. So, I'll look at the Eagles' roster right before the first game and figure out who's playing for them.
-
I do see that the Chargers already have Gates on the PUP list, so that's good. That'll save time later.
-
I'm not joining the fantasy league this season. I never figured out how to use the damn controls. I think it's because I never could convince myself to care enough to read the long ass instructions. Sorry. If I could have figured it out intuitively I would be playing. It was kind of like the lock out in a way.
-
im glad these millionaires settled the problems they had with the billionaires. now i can get on with my life.