The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: smick on August 01, 2011, 05:08:50 pm

Title: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on August 01, 2011, 05:08:50 pm
I didn't want to keep tossing these in the "Today I'm gonna" thread...

But...someone released this into the universe.

(http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp582pZ2ZS1qzowpeo1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2011, 06:36:34 pm
there is a tshirt!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/78063380/steampug-tee-preorder#shipping (http://www.etsy.com/listing/78063380/steampug-tee-preorder#shipping)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on August 04, 2011, 06:58:12 am
http://battlepug.com/
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on August 04, 2011, 12:56:28 pm
I read the first couple of that comic when it started and it didn't seem to have enough pug in it. Has it gotten puggier?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on August 04, 2011, 01:41:18 pm
I've only seen one, and it was of a giant pug with a sword in his mouth stabbing a frog-thing to save a Conan look-a-like.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 04, 2011, 07:50:57 pm
I'm enjoying it!

The pug is working in slowly, though, it starts largely with the He-Man/Conan-type warrior friend's origin.

And some hot harem-girl telling the story to two talking dogs.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on August 25, 2011, 11:39:37 pm
(http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqerppSeqM1qzwdzio1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on August 26, 2011, 12:00:44 am
I saw that a few days ago and just smiled, but seeing it again now, I can't help but interpret it as the Sad About Steve Jobs pug.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on September 27, 2011, 04:12:23 pm
(http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/epic-win-photos-conan-win.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 27, 2011, 04:44:14 pm
Is that... the real Battlepug?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Mr Trout on September 27, 2011, 11:57:26 pm
Because Wombat asked so nicely

(http://i.imgur.com/P5BKe.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on September 30, 2011, 03:15:22 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/YmspZ.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on September 30, 2011, 06:41:04 pm
So many pug shirts (http://www.cafepress.com/dogs_of_war/177858). 
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on September 30, 2011, 09:30:29 pm
Yesterday I found out one of my favorite customers has a pug.

Another recent story about that man: something he was buying came up cheaper than usual because of a sale.
"alRIGHT! Do you know what that means?"
"um..."
"It means I get to buy more marijuana."
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on September 30, 2011, 09:32:49 pm
Another recent story about that man: something he was buying came up cheaper than usual because of a sale.
"alRIGHT! Do you know what that means?"
"um..."
"It means I get to buy more marijuana."

The simple pleasures.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 30, 2011, 09:50:04 pm
Yesterday I found out one of my favorite customers has a pug.

So where's the picture??
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 30, 2011, 09:54:49 pm
Bones Pugs and Harmony?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on October 11, 2011, 02:55:33 am
I apologize for the shouting but PIANO PUG WITH ITS CHIN DOWN AT THE END. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcq1sozMjUA)

(GKA found this and I am posting it EVERYWHERE.)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on October 12, 2011, 10:01:04 pm
Ten pugs extremely upset with Dr Pepper (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/10-pugs-extremely-upset-with-dr-pepper)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on October 18, 2011, 06:13:41 am
(http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lstbehogH81r1b25ao1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2011, 06:47:03 am
At Wombat's request:

(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrq2qmXQAK1qabj53o1_400.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on October 18, 2011, 12:19:19 pm
Where did you find that?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 18, 2011, 01:24:35 pm
pug's point of view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjgLeDCJlU)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on October 18, 2011, 04:26:34 pm
Where did you find that?

Here, somewhere (http://retrogasm.tumblr.com).

Warning, some vintage nudes.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on October 18, 2011, 06:48:53 pm
The vintage nudes are OK but the blinky ladies on the left hand side are annoying. Thanks.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2011, 04:41:04 am
The vintage nudes are OK but the blinky ladies on the left hand side are annoying. Thanks.

Apologies.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on October 19, 2011, 12:08:36 pm
I wish people would figure out that just because you CAN make stuff on the internet blink and fly around and dance doesn't mean that you should.... with some exceptions:

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Kqbc2rFXKlU/TppMjECUrSI/AAAAAAAAAdA/8ABvQ4HFT2Y/w373/pugpiano3.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2011, 12:09:21 pm
Oh sure, it's fine if it's a pug.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on October 19, 2011, 04:10:15 pm
The vintage nudes are OK but the blinky ladies on the left hand side are annoying. Thanks.

I can't tell if you are really pissed here, but I figured Marilyn . . . well, I guess I figured an exception could be made.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on October 19, 2011, 05:41:33 pm
We only make exceptions for pugs around here. No, actually what was really a pain in the butt is that Tumblr has such an idiotic idea of what an archive should be.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on October 20, 2011, 04:16:51 am
Tumblr has such an idiotic idea of what an archive should be.

Yes.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on October 30, 2011, 01:14:50 pm
Pugglet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8FMWQkO1w).
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on November 02, 2011, 06:53:11 pm
Does this go here?
(http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dog-wants-cupcake.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on November 02, 2011, 07:25:20 pm
dude that's a boston terrier, are you even trying
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on November 02, 2011, 07:25:41 pm
i mean that's like the hunt's of dogs
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on November 02, 2011, 07:42:57 pm
Aw. Bostons are nice. We are all the secret cult of smush-faced dogs.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on November 02, 2011, 11:28:06 pm
dude that's a boston terrier, are you even trying

Your heart is black with poison.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on November 02, 2011, 11:39:55 pm
Your heart is black with poison.
just like how i take my coffee
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on November 02, 2011, 11:40:57 pm
I don't care how cute they are, any little bastard clawing his way up the table after my food is going to get me reaching for something other than the camera.

Maybe that's why I like big dogs more better. They figure out where they fall in the pack hierarchy and toe the line.

Once in a while you should try letting a smile be your umbrella.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 03, 2011, 12:17:27 am
Once in a while you should try letting a smile be your umbrella.

dude just called you surly, asherdan.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on November 03, 2011, 01:18:20 am
dude just called you surly, asherdan.

Don't do that. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 03, 2011, 04:06:07 am
i mean that's like the hunt's of dogs

Not even hounds
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on November 03, 2011, 04:09:40 am
All I know is that is an awesome gif and if you philistines can't enjoy it, then there simply is no hope for you.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: miles on November 03, 2011, 04:35:58 am
Does this go here?
(http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dog-wants-cupcake.gif)

Breakin' my heart. We are a Boston Terrier family and have been for decades. A friend of mine recently was trying to get rid of his and my sister and I were going to share custody (I'd get weekends) but his kids were so heartbroken that he couldn't do it. Can't get in the way of that, but I was pretty bummed.

One of my most cherished photos is of my since passed Grandfather to whom I was very close asleep on our chair with our since passed Boston Terrier asleep on his lap.

Aw. Bostons are nice. We are all the secret cult of smush-faced dogs.

For some reason I can't abide French Bulldogs (probably because an ex-gf bred them) but my family is a member of this cult, among others.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on November 03, 2011, 02:15:09 pm
i'm joking of course about bostons being the hunt's of dogs. i've always thought it would be great fun to have a team of dogs of similar shape and stance but varying sizes:

boston terrier
french bulldog
english bulldog
american bulldog

of course it would be the most awesome if they could all be of similar markings, but that's a tough order. and none of them would have their ears or tails cropped- i think it's usually rather cruel, but it also kind of ruins the whole visual joke. in part, it would be an experiment to find out which one becomes alpha.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 04, 2011, 03:15:33 am
(http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu3dy58jv91qd5n75o1_500.jpg)

its cute that pugs dont speak sarcasm.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on November 04, 2011, 05:27:53 pm
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu002lIvTP1qh6riao1_500.png)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 08, 2011, 01:26:58 am
official creepy Christmas pug:

(http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltsue6tfyf1qk8rhpo1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on November 08, 2011, 01:49:09 am
That is truly nightmarish.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Doc on November 08, 2011, 05:26:36 am
(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-KAcwHGps8O4/Tri9N_eqJYI/AAAAAAAAArg/jx8NRzNptJQ/s500/hatersgonnahate.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jay-ell on November 09, 2011, 12:14:53 am
Somehow, with the caption, it crosses the line from "twisted evil" to "mirthfully oblivious."

TCODP for you both, sirs.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on November 09, 2011, 12:46:40 am
I knew I knew that picture from somewhere!

I am almost always a big fan of anything captioned with that caption.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Doc on November 09, 2011, 05:16:06 am
For what it's worth I didn't have the pug pre-captioned, the pose was just so perfect I knew immediately what had to be added.
I am with Inev in liking that joke way, way too much.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 11, 2011, 03:57:36 am
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308478_737206789789_26806537_36222479_2113394516_n.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on November 11, 2011, 05:32:07 am
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5083300168_beb813af01.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 11, 2011, 12:59:29 pm
hella firghtening
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on November 11, 2011, 10:26:46 pm
Stylish pug home decor. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/maldimaglia?page=1)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 12, 2011, 06:24:29 pm
first of all:

wampug video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2L_ExKWuI)

second of all, here (http://starwarschick.com/) are the official photos.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on November 27, 2011, 04:06:17 pm
(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313157_2708474798223_1447418446_32990329_444325677_n.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on November 29, 2011, 06:11:10 pm
I bet if you reversed it, and animated it, it'd look like the dog was rotating it, and wishing it were a cupcake.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on November 29, 2011, 07:06:58 pm
That photo is the saddest thing.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 29, 2011, 08:05:00 pm
See, I too am sad that the little beast is never gonna get there.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on November 29, 2011, 08:51:32 pm
I have spent too long defending food from my own little dude to feel anything but "get away from that, that is people food."
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 04, 2011, 03:50:16 pm
(http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luv2m5fpxQ1qzp64qo1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on December 04, 2011, 10:18:55 pm
*wish listed*
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 05, 2011, 02:41:20 pm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25996762@N07/6450831931
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 05, 2011, 04:30:22 pm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25996762@N07/6450831931

a bloo bloo blooooo!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on December 09, 2011, 12:00:07 am
Pug being a dick (http://animalsbeingdicks.com/page/42)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: miles on December 11, 2011, 04:08:17 pm
Pug being a dick (http://animalsbeingdicks.com/page/42)

I don't see a pug, but here the human is clearly being the dick and totally deserved that.

Oh, pug is on the next page. I guarantee that the poor dog has been and will be pulled on and poked at by that tiny monster and is totally justified.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: miles on December 14, 2011, 03:31:36 pm
I don't see a pug, but here the human is clearly being the dick and totally deserved that.

Oh, pug is on the next page. I guarantee that the poor dog has been and will be pulled on and poked at by that tiny monster and is totally justified.

So I guess Paul's link to the pug being a dick is not a fixed link so that was the source of confusion.

Here's what my first sentence was referring to: http://tumblr.com/ZquJNxALabBj

And the totally justified pug: http://tumblr.com/ZquJNxAJD-_X

Also a crow smoking marijuana like a cigarette: http://tumblr.com/ZquJNxAYKYR3

The last one looks staged but I like the guy's face at the very end and like to think it's real.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on December 15, 2011, 01:37:05 pm
(http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/Zingoleb/dog-fails-pool-volleyball.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 16, 2011, 01:23:36 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLVLPoRXR4
Pug pushes a stroller around Portland, visits an ice cream stand, does its cute as hell thing.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 16, 2011, 02:51:06 am
I love that video, because it makes me feel so normal. Not to say I wouldn't have taught my pug to do that and put it on the Internet if I'd had a stroller hanging around and thought of it, but the fact remains that they did and I didn't.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on December 17, 2011, 12:32:43 am
I get you Wombat.  I was too embarrassed today to admit to the guy at the pet store that we were there to buy Christmas gifts for our pets.  But that's what we were there for. 
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 17, 2011, 01:28:00 am
Smells, the guy at the pet store wouldn't have blinked an eye at that. Since I have been working at our local fancy pet store I have learned that a large number of our customers at this time of year aren't just buying presents for their pets, they're even buying presents for other people's pets.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on December 17, 2011, 06:11:45 am
I'm hearing material for another book there, Wombles.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on December 17, 2011, 01:05:00 pm
Oh, no Wombat.  I know people buy gifts for their pets as well as for other people's pets.  We've done that too.  It's more that I feel a sort of shame about it, and if I were to teach my dog to push a stroller, I would feel that same feeling.  I don't know- it's embarrassing, to me.  I just don't want to embrace being a DINK I guess.  There's something ugly about that side of behavior for me.  For example, when we order take out sushi my husband sometimes insists that we order a piece of sashimi for the cats, and that's something I can't get comfortable with.   
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 17, 2011, 01:50:59 pm
I don't see what there is to feel ashamed of. Why should you feel shame about buying something that gives another creature pleasure? How could that be ugly? But also, buying a present for our pets is really buying a present for ourselves, because it is enjoyable to watch animals take pleasure in things. Really, that's the whole racket they've got going, being cute so we do stuff for them. Anyway, if that is fun for you, I don't see how that's a worse thing to spend money on than all the other junk people buy themselves.

I also wouldn't feel ashamed to teach my dog to push a stroller. I'm actually kind of jealous I didn't have the idea. Feel silly, yeah, but shame doesn't enter it into it.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 17, 2011, 02:59:06 pm
Speaking of people enjoying animals being indulged, I just came back from the farmers' market where we go every Saturday to buy the pugs a brioche. It is the high point of their week, the 13 year old pug would run all the way there if I let her. And it's a kind of a public spectacle that many people enjoy every time. Sometimes I really do not want to get out of bed so early on a Saturday especially when it's 30 degrees out, but I would hate to deprive the general public of this amusement.

It's not a pug pushing a stroller on the internet, but it is our small contribution.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 17, 2011, 07:44:44 pm
Oh and in case anyone else wants to feel normal in comparison: The farmers market is closed next week for Christmas Eve, so we bought brioche to freeze so the pugs don't have to be deprived.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on December 18, 2011, 04:14:02 pm
Let them eat cake brioche.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Doc on December 18, 2011, 09:17:25 pm
Which is, I think, what the original quote was.

Edit: no, wait. Straight dope says I'm an idiot.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on December 18, 2011, 09:51:37 pm
The shame comes from knowing having a pet at all is a luxury, I suppose and more so knowing the dog would get just as much pleasure from hiding a treat in a cardboard box rather than the $30 treat puzzle toy we got.  I was once in poverty, and I see the impact of poverty every day, so I always have a hard time with anything self indulgent.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Doc on December 18, 2011, 11:01:51 pm
You really blew it this time. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02182004)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on December 18, 2011, 11:56:01 pm
Yeah pretty much,  only imagine me putting down the items i was going to buy after realizing i don't really need them and walking out of a store.

I'm not a good shopper. 
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2011, 12:31:54 am
I have a hard time seeing pets as self indulgent, they are good for you in so many ways, and compared to a lot of things people indulge in?

Also anyone who buys a $30 puzzle toy for their dog is a really good dog owner and someone I have a huge amount of respect for. Get back to me when you're not keeping your dog busy and then complaining that it tears up the house because it's bored, and we'll talk about feeling ashamed.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 19, 2011, 12:34:49 am
The dogs are solving puzzles now? This has gone too far. Lobotomies for all animals now!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jay-ell on December 19, 2011, 01:35:24 pm
"You cut his brain, you damn dirty animal!"
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on December 19, 2011, 04:58:59 pm
Yeah pretty much,  only imagine me putting down the items i was going to buy after realizing i don't really need them and walking out of a store.

I'm not a good shopper. 

You are not propping up the economy like I need you to. This is why my stocks are in the shitter.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 20, 2011, 06:14:22 pm
Christmas Pug #93 (http://thefrogman.me/post/14515441488/the-perils-of-festive-beverages-miso-the-pug)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 07, 2012, 01:19:36 am
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzqytxHr81qzrlhgo1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on February 07, 2012, 09:27:02 am
Have we talked about Battlepug (http://battlepug.com/about-2/)?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on February 07, 2012, 06:29:51 pm
Have we talked about Battlepug (http://battlepug.com/about-2/)?

We have, but I forgot about it.  Thanks for the reminder.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 09, 2012, 03:10:08 am
(http://i.imgur.com/6wTGH.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on February 09, 2012, 04:32:32 pm
Went pugging yesterday. Found this one. The owner of the store asked us if we'd watch the place for a couple of minutes and as soon as she left, the pug went berserk. When she came back she punished it with snuggles and goony comments. I'm not sure that's going to work.

(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/fr5g9.jpg) (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/fr5g9)

Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on February 09, 2012, 05:33:04 pm
Depends on what she's trying to achieve, I guess.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on February 09, 2012, 06:45:14 pm
Depends on what she's trying to achieve, I guess.

Yeah. They were both pretty adorable, so I can't say that the snuggles/gooning surprised me.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on February 23, 2012, 12:12:40 am
The ultimate pug massage. (http://teddyhilton.com/2012-02-22-cat-massages-a-pug-and-its-so-cute/?from=PH)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on February 23, 2012, 12:14:36 am
My pugs would be angry if they saw that. Why have our cats never been that useful?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on February 23, 2012, 02:21:47 am
It probably helps that the pug's snortle noises sound a lot like purring. 
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on February 23, 2012, 04:27:43 am
My cats do that to me. I do not appreciate it.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on February 23, 2012, 01:25:34 pm
Two of my kitties do that to me too, but I don't mind it at all.  They aren't really strong enough to give an even mildly statisfying massage, but they're usually purring really hard at the same time and I find the hypno-purrs are very therapeutic.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on February 23, 2012, 05:34:41 pm
I don't care for it because the amount of pressure they put on me is directly proportionate to the distance they extend their claws.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on February 23, 2012, 07:45:09 pm
Mine neve use their claws, but they do tend to prefer the boobs, which really doesn't help anything.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 24, 2012, 12:16:25 am
Mine neve use their claws, but they do tend to prefer the boobs, which really doesn't help anything.

cats are cool... /beavis and butthead
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on February 24, 2012, 03:53:01 am
Mine neve use their claws, but they do tend to prefer the boobs, which really doesn't help anything.

They're just like me! Except I do use claws and I prefer the can. And sometimes I help.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on February 24, 2012, 04:57:30 pm
Usually when a kitty finishes kneeding me, it will sit across my boob shelf (often blocking my view of the TV).  So rude. 
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on February 24, 2012, 05:00:22 pm
Huh - my cats tend to knead me in the groin, and then curl up and lie down covering my junk. I didn't realize they were all little perverts.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on March 26, 2012, 05:23:49 pm
(http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13fs1rkrP1qbni9ao1_500.jpg)
(http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0spik66Xs1qz8weto1_250.gif)
(http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0spik66Xs1qz8weto2_250.gif)
(http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0spik66Xs1qz8weto3_500.gif)

I'm a little late in sharing these.

Sorry.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on March 26, 2012, 09:04:46 pm
Had to double-check that wasn't David Cross.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on March 26, 2012, 09:14:55 pm
I was thinking #*#*#_god
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on March 27, 2012, 04:23:57 am
Had to double-check that wasn't David Cross.

I chuckled.  And I gave you a can.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on March 27, 2012, 04:56:51 am
Well, I'm two-thirds of the way to hell.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on April 04, 2012, 08:01:56 am
existential pug (http://animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com/post/20454351836/im-beginning-to-think-you-have-limited-or-no)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on April 16, 2012, 08:12:08 pm
The other existential pug (http://animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com/post/19403769666/sorry-i-was-a-million-miles-away-sometimes-the).
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on April 28, 2012, 01:07:30 am
From reddit: "I googled "world's saddest pet" and this was the result."

http://i.imgur.com/qnK5T.jpg
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2012, 02:30:13 am
You know what's even sadder? That pug is DEAD.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2012, 02:35:25 am
Why is it even surprising that I know that?

I am helping teach an obedience class and when I arrived last night the teacher and assistants of the previous class were all "omg there is a pug in our class she is so cute you have to come early next time" and had taken a picture to show me. And when I asked her nams and they told me I said "Oh yeah, I know that pug" and they were all "OMG how do you know that pug?" And my reaction was the same: how is it even surprising that I know that pug?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2012, 02:36:55 am
I still think this pug is pretty damn sad. (http://saddestthing.com/things/15/)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on April 29, 2012, 12:19:12 am
How do you know that pug? I know that pug. That pug is dead. Wait, what?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on April 29, 2012, 03:11:01 am
I feel like I really brought the mood down in here.

How was I supposed to know that posting a link to the Google result for the saddest pet was going to dig up sad memories?

Well, I guess I'm here to dig the hole a little deeper.

One of these pugs is dead.

(http://craiggav.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/gp1_bamford_pugs500.jpg?w=263&h=300)
I recently saw Maria Bamford talk about her pug Blossom, at a taping of the Risk podcast.

Maria Bamford is one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite comedian.   She also loves pugs.   She also struggles with Bipolar Disorder, debilitating OCD and depression.  How her illness manifests is in thoughts of hurting loved ones and an inability to stop herself from doing these things.   She's not violent, but she's afraid she is. 

In 2006 she had a breakdown and, she sought treatment.  Part of that treatment was exposure and desensitization treatment.  What that looked like was her sitting with her pug and voicing her thoughts about harming the pug.  The twist of course being that she doesn't harm, Blossom, and if anything, Blossom is just happy with the attention.

She was fine for a number of years until last year.   The triggering event being that she had moved a ramp away from a doggy door, and her elderly pug Blossom ran though it, fell and ultimately died.   She blames herself, the event being the culmination of her worst fears.

It's an amazing story... heart wrenching.   I had seen her perform the night before and her act had a LOT of new chunks in it.   Turns out they were all from the last year of institutionalization and breakdown.   

It's incredibly worth a listen to the show where she explained it.   (The other stories are pretty good too.   Should you find yourself with an hour of silence where you'd really like to hear some people talking.  http://risk-show.com/podcast/live-from-portland/)

Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on April 29, 2012, 04:28:48 am
Dude, I love Maria Bamford. That sucks.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on April 29, 2012, 01:53:38 pm
Am I going to have to make a separate thread for dead pugs so I know not to read it if I am already feeling low? How about a whole thread for successful humorists with dead pugs? The Bloggess's (http://thebloggess.com/) best selling new book also talks about how her pug died and she felt like it was her fault.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on April 29, 2012, 10:33:31 pm
 It's the pug owners' fault that the pugs are alive.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Jaded Tersk on May 11, 2012, 10:31:05 am
(http://i.qkme.me/3p8cbj.jpg)

Not my own sentiment; just something found on Reddit.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2012, 11:55:15 am
Yeah, you better be armed when you say that.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on May 11, 2012, 02:45:43 pm
To be fair, Walter is a complete asshole with very few redeeming qualities.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: miles on May 12, 2012, 04:08:31 am
Yeah, well one of those qualities is loyalty, and if that don't count for something these days then, well, shit.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on May 12, 2012, 12:52:06 pm
.
.
.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on May 12, 2012, 01:19:45 pm
everything isn't about viet nam, walter!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on May 18, 2012, 11:12:05 pm
The grunty dog is unhappy about being picked up: http://i.imgur.com/j3uu5.gif

(Not linked inline, due to questionable work safednessly.)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Nabubrush on May 19, 2012, 12:31:31 am
Oh man that's a longtime favorite - thank you for the refresh.

I think most people wearing their cap backwards probably need to be peed on by a dog.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on June 05, 2012, 02:51:38 am
Sorry I don't have a better picture of this, but there was a Pugs Against Romney (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/7154801809/in/photostream) artcar in this years artcar parade.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on June 05, 2012, 12:48:50 pm
Awesome.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on June 23, 2012, 04:27:31 am
(http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/animalsbeingdicks/abd-269.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on June 23, 2012, 06:58:31 am
OMG.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2012, 02:42:51 pm
That's a child in a pug costume, right?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on June 28, 2012, 02:06:09 pm
1:
(http://i.imgur.com/krCJM.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/krCJM.jpg)

2:
(http://i.imgur.com/15Vqn.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/15Vqn.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: smick on June 28, 2012, 06:35:24 pm
#2 is a still from the Total Recall remake.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on July 16, 2012, 12:04:43 pm
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lprkn/Pugshirt.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 16, 2012, 01:00:18 pm
"manbearpug"
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on July 16, 2012, 02:06:43 pm
#2 is a still from the Total Recall remake.

By the way, why the hell do we need a Total Recall remake?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 16, 2012, 03:21:16 pm
By the way, why the hell do we need a Total Recall remake?

so the yacht-manufacturers can pay their employees(ha!).
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on July 16, 2012, 06:53:50 pm
As far as I'm concened no essiential movies have been made since 2007 - the year No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood were made.  I honestly can't recall any movies made since then that I couldn't do without.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: miles on July 22, 2012, 06:52:04 am
Has Battlepug (http://battlepug.com/2011/02/14/it-begins/) already been shared? I haven't read it yet. I just read a short interview with the creator today.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on July 22, 2012, 01:33:00 pm
It has been mentioned somewhere and I believe I said it's good except it doesn't have quite enough pug in it.

I'm not a fan of that kind of heroic fantasy comic so it doesn't amuse me as much as it might. My favorite parts are the little bits with the person who's supposedly telling the story to her dogs, like this one:
http://battlepug.com/2012/06/11/im-out-of-here/ (http://battlepug.com/2012/06/11/im-out-of-here/)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on August 04, 2012, 12:30:46 pm
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m83w6rjrqX1rvl3glo1_1280.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on August 14, 2012, 03:35:05 pm
The author signing her novel with a pug (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/7781812274/in/photostream)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on August 14, 2012, 03:43:43 pm
The author signing her novel with a pug (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/7781812274/in/photostream)

Nice!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on August 14, 2012, 04:04:52 pm
Why does it make the pug so sad? I guess because she's not the center of attention for once.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on August 24, 2012, 03:05:24 pm
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m849nsOPAF1qzo3c9o1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on August 24, 2012, 03:20:42 pm
That pug needs to lose some weight if she wants to go to the beach.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on August 24, 2012, 05:48:58 pm
Definitely a one-piece figure.  Maybe a tankini.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 25, 2012, 10:14:25 pm
(https://p.twimg.com/A0pn6LkCMAAaBWk.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on August 25, 2012, 11:05:37 pm
My life will never be that awesome.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 26, 2012, 11:29:37 am
That pug needs to lose some weight if she wants to go to the beach.

Definitely a one-piece figure.  Maybe a tankini.

fuck that.  fat bitches are sexy.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on August 30, 2012, 07:16:41 pm
(http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/animalsbeingdicks/abd-295.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on September 02, 2012, 08:26:41 am
Wombat gets a labelmaker:

(http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/20120828-223638.jpg?w=560)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 06, 2012, 12:06:38 pm
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uifwHrqI1qbohddo1_500.jpg)
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98ocqop3T1reolg5o1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 17, 2012, 07:49:50 pm
pug pr0n (http://thefrogman.me/post/31740377860)

more silly than NSFW, but i would be careful anyway because im a 'fraid-y-cat.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 17, 2012, 10:42:53 pm
OMG
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on September 18, 2012, 03:15:04 am
Pug Hub!!!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Choop on September 22, 2012, 08:06:50 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/js0Dz.png) (http://i.imgur.com/js0Dz.png)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on September 29, 2012, 01:35:01 pm
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8173/8035604776_d799e2e975_c.jpg)

After I snapped this shot Wombat turned the pugs around for me to shoot, but I wasn't really interested in that shot. I believe that she couldn't conceive that the pugs were merely accessories and our Wombat was the star.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 29, 2012, 11:36:47 pm
Indeed I cannot believe that Paul would not prefer a shot of the pugs. But I hope you're all appreciating my Daisy Owl t-shirt there.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on November 04, 2012, 10:23:07 am
(http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/animalsbeingdicks/abd-312.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on November 08, 2012, 07:06:28 pm
Chubbs as BanthaPug!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on November 27, 2012, 07:45:37 pm
I can tell you from insider knowledge that the Archie McPhee organization is thoroughly infiltrated by the pug obsession. If it wasn't obvious.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on December 07, 2012, 03:40:55 am
Jesus Pug (http://dangerousminds.net/comments/jesus_christ_spotted_on_dogs_butt)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 07, 2012, 04:10:08 pm
Good Lord!!!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on December 14, 2012, 08:04:43 am
Quote from: http://www.sanger.dk/
Window licks pug.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jay-ell on December 16, 2012, 09:21:10 pm
That should be a screen saver.

Remember screen savers?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on December 16, 2012, 09:23:00 pm
Remember screen savers?

Apparently they are just websites now.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 16, 2012, 09:51:38 pm
I think I had that as a screen saver at some point. Or did I just leave the website window open all the time?

I love everything about this - the intensity of concentration in the pug's eyes and how it holds its ears back out of the way are so very puglike - but the best part is when it turns its head and looks behind it like someone called its name, but then has to get back to business.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on December 19, 2012, 05:11:13 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/kE29y.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 20, 2012, 01:09:24 am
When you use magic to turn a giraffe suffocating in the air into a dog because you can't get it to water but don't want it to die, that is generally the reaction.

It is groggy and doesn't know why it's breathing and you get... that.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on December 21, 2012, 10:39:54 pm
Bunnies eat their poop, too.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2012, 12:13:52 am
Bunny poop's not so bad, at least it's all vegetables. Mine will eat much worse poop than that.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 22, 2012, 12:33:38 am
Related: Someone who wants to join the rabbit and pug party  (http://gooentertain.com/video-hoarders-the-worst-case-in-hoarders-history.html)

Also, guinea pigs need to eat their own poop to survive. Something about digesting vitamins and whatever whatever.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on December 22, 2012, 12:56:31 am
Related: Someone who wants to join the rabbit and pug party  (http://gooentertain.com/video-hoarders-the-worst-case-in-hoarders-history.html)

I yi yi, that's extremely disturbing.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2012, 01:21:31 am
Also, guinea pigs need to eat their own poop to survive. Something about digesting vitamins and whatever whatever.

This is true of a lot of rodents, maybe all of them, I can't remember. They actually make two different kinds of poop. Dogs don't care though, it's all good.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on December 22, 2012, 01:45:06 am
Like a fuck*ng poop buffet!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on December 24, 2012, 08:37:18 pm
As I clicked on that link I dreaded seeing a 2 Girls 1 Cup video.  I'm not sure the actual video was any less disturbing.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 24, 2012, 09:50:31 pm
(http://24.media.tumblr.com/bfd6e728241e7fdea062f2dd8b42638d/tumblr_mfimu9HArf1rx9l55o1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on December 31, 2012, 03:12:25 pm
(http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/funny-pug-dance.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on January 16, 2013, 09:53:22 pm
Shit Pugs Say (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVlP42dOPP0)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on January 17, 2013, 08:37:35 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/SKmhB.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on January 26, 2013, 02:30:01 am
(http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2012/12/21/11/enhanced-buzz-2128-1356106050-0.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on February 20, 2013, 02:09:29 pm
(http://imgur.com/FkqRIwn.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on February 22, 2013, 01:51:39 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/TUUPbpF.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on March 27, 2013, 04:59:58 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/SnkUhi4.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on March 27, 2013, 05:47:16 pm
I guess you figured out the thread I never read.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on April 10, 2013, 02:29:42 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/Sj7Bayc.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 11, 2013, 01:59:49 pm
Back in the day I had a habit of opening beer cans in the cat's face. Because I was (am) a terrible, terrible person.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: side_show on April 11, 2013, 08:39:34 pm
That one time I told my husband (jokingly) to give the cat some sushi with wasabi on it, and he did.  That was really funny in a terrible person sort of way. 
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on April 12, 2013, 02:18:31 pm
(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/12/HX3QUaS3w06weBEnRQ5_1Q2.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on June 05, 2013, 09:31:38 pm
Pug Lord (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prm8QwEUba4&feature=share&list=SP-xkHEbewJQdOw8wj7lhEv8nUNVnKu9OE)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on June 06, 2013, 06:18:40 pm
The fastest pug alive:
(http://i.imgur.com/D6GUH1N.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on June 06, 2013, 08:37:52 pm
so, my parents recently had to send my childhood dog to the big doghouse in the sky or whatever. I did not really think often about how much I miss having a dog until now. Man, it is going to be a while before I feel like I'm in a good position to get a dog. Dogs are great.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2013, 08:42:18 pm
Dogs are great. (http://youtu.be/kI4yoXyb1_M)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on July 20, 2013, 08:02:25 pm
Recreating the 'chocolates' scene from I love Lucy (http://youtu.be/EtsetC6EtKE)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on July 20, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
OK, I know I'm complaining about free entertainment here but, that would have been a great photograph but as a video, the pug should have actually done something, you know?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on July 20, 2013, 08:40:53 pm
The pug did not look happy to be a part of the whole situation. Wouldn't want to have to commit to more I love Lucy-themed reenactments.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on July 21, 2013, 01:33:40 am
Yeah, I was expecting the dog to gobble up the candies because that's what Lucy did.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on August 20, 2013, 05:50:49 pm
YOLO (http://www.dogshaming.com/2013/08/the-yolo-pugs/)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 08, 2013, 03:52:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QgFYfMoXiCI

The little guy was so excited!
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on September 08, 2013, 08:13:48 pm
Happens to the best of us, man.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 08, 2013, 08:17:22 pm
Definitely you should never get a pug that excited without emptying it of poop first.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 20, 2013, 02:01:43 am
EVERYONE BUY THIS
http://mcphee.com/shop/pug-mask.html (http://mcphee.com/shop/pug-mask.html)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: lprkn on September 21, 2013, 02:49:08 pm
(http://mcphee.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/400x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/u/xpug_mask-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ms_B3ywWc-.jpg)

+

(http://images.sodahead.com/slideshows/000001647/batpug-21609348782_xlarge.jpeg)

=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MPNzIA44s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MPNzIA44s)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 21, 2013, 03:04:31 pm
Everyone buy that pug mask!

There is a video too. No one can be mad at you if you look like a pug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKyt_-uz4GM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKyt_-uz4GM)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on September 24, 2013, 11:57:47 pm
My friend at Archie McPhee put it all together for those that have not been following along at home.
http://wombatarama.tumblr.com/post/62188089219/archiemcphee-when-our-friend-linda (http://wombatarama.tumblr.com/post/62188089219/archiemcphee-when-our-friend-linda)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on April 15, 2014, 02:50:32 pm
(http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/behold/2014/03/Neal%20Slavin/PUGS.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on April 15, 2014, 03:17:33 pm
That is fabulous. Where is it from?
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on April 15, 2014, 05:04:43 pm
It's from this article in Slate (http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2014/04/14/neal_slavin_specializes_in_group_photography.html).  The rest of the examples are pretty cool too.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2014, 03:05:46 pm
So many Japanese pugs in bellhop uniforms.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCeJEbnqCQw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCeJEbnqCQw)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: jaydub on July 04, 2014, 04:18:00 am
(https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8240454400/hEB2FCF1C/)
Aside from the shirt thing, these two are a classic example of dog/owner lookalikes.  I wonder if Lily would sport a Wombat shirt gracefully.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on July 04, 2014, 06:09:11 pm
The answer to that is definitely not.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 02, 2014, 02:59:50 pm
I HAVE SEEN EVERY PUG THING
http://mashable.com/2014/12/01/pug-bath/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 02, 2014, 03:01:22 pm
Also, if you google the exact phrase "I HAVE SEEN EVERY BACON THING," TOUAMB is the only site that comes up.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: wombat on December 02, 2014, 03:46:25 pm
Wow, both very surprising, given how much pugs hate water and the internet loves bacon.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: theinevitable on January 30, 2015, 10:02:55 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/jQwZFGP.gif)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: AugustWest on June 03, 2015, 03:01:38 am
(http://i.imgur.com/6D77TCs.jpg)
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: pmcd9 on June 03, 2015, 05:35:41 am
I did not order those toppings.
Title: Re: The Officially Unofficial Pug
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 06, 2015, 03:25:05 pm
Watch to the end! http://www.salon.com/2015/07/06/john_oliver_goes_into_overdrive_watch_him_tackle_15_topics_in_one_minute_flat/