The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: CortJstr on August 04, 2011, 04:27:20 pm

Title: Food in St. Louis
Post by: CortJstr on August 04, 2011, 04:27:20 pm
My ladyfriend is going to St. Louis for a conference and needs recommendations on where to eat. Conference is at America’s Center and she's at a Mariott that she says is very near the Arch. She likely won't have a car.


Aaaaaaaand go!


[of course tI would be away right now]
Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: pmcd9 on August 04, 2011, 04:32:24 pm
Very clever CJ.  This will get Inev to come back for sure.
Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 04, 2011, 05:57:46 pm
I don't know much about the geography of St. Louis, so these suggestions may be completely worthless.  But:

Gotta get frozen custard at Ted Drewes (http://www.teddrewes.com).

We went to Iron Barley (http://www.ironbarley.com/) largely because it was on a Food Network show. And it was quite good.

Every time I go to St. Louis, I tell my friend there I want to go to the place that serves pig snout sandwiches (http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/whereweeat/stern_snoots.html). And he always says no. (It doesn't help that he's Jewish.) One of these days...
Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: AugustWest on August 04, 2011, 08:09:25 pm
Yeah, I don't know much about where to eat downtown. 

But Ted Drewes is a must.  Imo's Pizza is worth a try -- thin, crackerlike crust, Provel (a gooey process cheese that's a mix of provelone, swiss and cheddar).  I dunno.  Have a Gus's Pretzel.  World's Fair Donuts. (http://www.yelp.com/biz/worlds-fair-doughnuts-saint-louis)

Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 05, 2011, 05:18:37 am
Yeah, I have lived in St. Louis for a year and hell if I've ever eaten downtown. Is there a Pi (pizza) downtown?

I'm pretty sure that the grocery store inev works at is downtown.
Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2011, 05:28:04 am
Send your lady to Inev's store and tell him he has to come back because we are a cult and he's not allowed to leave.
Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: theinevitable on August 08, 2011, 04:17:37 pm
I work downtown. Is she still here? Is she here for the ASAE thing?

I recommend Pi, breakfast at Rooster, Ted Drewes frozen custard... if she is still around, she should get in touch with me and I will show her the sights. Unless that is super creepy. We could camp out on Grand Ave until we see Q.
Title: Re: Food in St. Louis
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2011, 04:46:09 pm
Yeah, she's in for ASAE. She went to Ted Drewes a couple days ago and said it was really good. I'll e-mail her the other stuff.