The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: miles on August 06, 2011, 01:32:54 pm

Title: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: miles on August 06, 2011, 01:32:54 pm
OH SHIIIIIT (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-06/u-s-credit-rating-cut-by-s-p-for-first-time-on-deficit-reduction-accord.html)

I've worked in the financial services industry for the last 4 years, so I pay more attention to this stuff than I would otherwise. Mostly because it tends to make my job shittier. In fact, I'm going into work in a minute and have to work tomorrow (though even with a recent promotion I'm still paid hourly, so I won't complain. Also, I still enjoy my new job). Anyway, I know at least two members of the board might have a lot to say on this.
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 06, 2011, 08:59:51 pm
no more free roadside assistance, america.  lo siento.
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: pmcd9 on August 06, 2011, 09:04:38 pm
Welcome to Tea Party America. 
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: miles on August 09, 2011, 12:30:21 am
Obama: "No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

Gee, thanks mom.
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 09, 2011, 02:38:49 am
Obama: "No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

Gee, thanks mom.

Well, he's right, isn't he?

United StAtes of AmericA
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: jaydub on August 09, 2011, 10:07:13 pm
America is going to want to ignore all those credit card offers that are about to start showing up in the mailbox.
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: side_show on August 10, 2011, 07:40:40 pm
Welcome to California!

Let's see how the short-memory motherfucks like a 9% home loan...

Wait...really?
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: jay-ell on August 10, 2011, 08:55:57 pm
SO glad we bought our house when we did. We're paying less per month for our $185K mortgage than we did on our $125K mortgage in 2001, thanks to a considerably lower interest rate.
Title: Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
Post by: Nabubrush on August 11, 2011, 05:42:17 pm
Back in the day in AK, it was well over 10% I seem to recall.

Interestingly (to me), my mom's estate has of course cratered just lately.