The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Asherdan on August 12, 2011, 03:49:37 pm

Title: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: Asherdan on August 12, 2011, 03:49:37 pm
Happy birthday, (http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 12, 2011, 04:22:55 pm
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/inmyskittelz/birthdaybitch.jpg)
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: Nabubrush on August 12, 2011, 05:07:28 pm
Like.

Happy B-day, KM. Enjoy a cake. Or nachos. You know, go wild.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: jaydub on August 12, 2011, 05:11:26 pm
Cort, its your birthday!  Have a happy one!
-JW
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: wombat on August 12, 2011, 05:15:36 pm
Never pass up an excuse for cake.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: AugustWest on August 12, 2011, 05:27:52 pm
How many times am I gonna have to wish you a dang ol' Happy Birthday today?  Somebody needs to develop an app that will propagate birthday wishes through the entire social network universe.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: jay-ell on August 12, 2011, 06:35:52 pm
You get two birthday wishes from me because your are doubly cool.

Happy Nachos Day. I hope a hot lady sits on your cake.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 12, 2011, 07:35:43 pm
It's nacho time!
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: CortJstr on August 12, 2011, 07:57:07 pm
No nachos for me today. Instead I'm going to Ray's the Steaks. It should be almost as good as nachos.

Thanks everybody.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 12, 2011, 11:43:51 pm
I'm cringing over Ray's the Steaks.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: lprkn on August 13, 2011, 10:21:44 am
Happy birthday Cort! May you always find what you research!
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: CortJstr on August 13, 2011, 04:54:15 pm
I'm cringing over Ray's the Steaks.

His other restaurants: Ray's the Classics and Ray's Hellburger. The owner's name is Michael.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 13, 2011, 05:20:33 pm
that makes PERFECT sense.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: wombat on August 13, 2011, 10:24:39 pm
I never realized the joke in Ray's Hellburger before. I still don't get the point of Ray's the Classics, though.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: miles on August 15, 2011, 02:24:06 am
Late birthday greetings to you.

According to Wikipedia, you can get foie gras and roasted bone marrow on your burger at Ray's Hellburger. Is the joke that putting offal on your burger is a terrible idea? In fact, the only meat you should ever put on your burger is bacon. Around here the big thing is pastrami. Terrible. I think it's mostly the texture for me.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: side_show on August 15, 2011, 06:39:24 pm
I think the joke is that foie gras and roasted bone marrow are both basically like meat butter.  It's sort of a gilding the lily thing - the over decadence one can possibly be excused of attempting on one's birthday.

Hope your day rocked CortJstr.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: Nabubrush on August 15, 2011, 11:49:08 pm
Rock on - you are an OG TOUAMBER.
Title: Re: CortJstr...Come On Down!
Post by: smick on August 16, 2011, 06:25:12 pm
I was away for a while, and not even lurking and I missed your birthday!

Happiest of Birthdays!