The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: side_show on August 25, 2011, 04:29:57 pm

Title: STRIPPED: The Comics Documentary
Post by: side_show on August 25, 2011, 04:29:57 pm
...sounds interesting. (http://tiny.cc/pk1uu)

Edit:  Fixed link.  Damn filters.
Title: Re: STRIPPED: The Comics Documentary
Post by: wombat on August 25, 2011, 07:34:32 pm
Everyone I've heard of in that, looks exactly the way I expected them to except Dave Kellett.
Title: Re: STRIPPED: The Comics Documentary
Post by: side_show on August 25, 2011, 07:54:45 pm
For me, they all look a lot less troll-like than I expected.  I guess I just imagine cartoonists as the sort who don't get a lot of sun.  Many of them look like attractive people, possibly cool even.  The exception is the Understanding Comics guy - I sort of thought he'd be better and younger looking (in a geeky way) based on how he drew himself.  I guess 1993 was a long time ago though. 
Title: Re: STRIPPED: The Comics Documentary
Post by: miles on August 26, 2011, 09:15:06 am
The music in the trailer reminds me of a Philip Glass score for like an Errol Morris documentary. It says that a dude from the Dave Matthews Band did the score. Is that what's playing?
Title: Re: STRIPPED: The Comics Documentary
Post by: CortJstr on August 29, 2011, 03:05:27 am
I backed this earlier, it looks pretty interesting. Ryan North has posted pics of himself fairly often, RStevens self-inserts occasionally, as does Jon Rosenberg so none of them surprised me.