The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Choop on January 05, 2004, 03:35:57 am

Title: Take THAT, Europe!
Post by: Choop on January 05, 2004, 03:35:57 am
Yeeeeaaah! WE got to Mars (http://astrobio.net/news/article751.html), and YOU didn't! (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/12/29/beagle.missing.ap/index.html)

Who's the best in the local solar region? Who's the best at getting things from one planet to another? NASA, baby! You bet - right here in the good old U. S. of A. (plus all those international scientists and financial backers and corporations which invested knowledge, money, and manufacturing to the effort)!!! WOO HOO!!
Title: Take THAT, Europe!
Post by: CortJstr on January 05, 2004, 03:39:19 am
Wasn't there already the Mars Explorer? Most famous for tricking blocking software into thinking it was a porn site.
Title: Take THAT, Europe!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2004, 03:41:29 am
Yeah!!! Suck it Europe, Mars is our bitch.  I want to move there.

~Paul
Title: Take THAT, Europe!
Post by: slink on January 05, 2004, 06:23:33 am
Man.
I don't care who discovered what first (like Bill Hicks said, 'it's a round world'  and 'my parents just happened to have fucked there') but I do feel kind of bad for the guys who organised Beagle 2.
Watching the OU's televisual feasts I have seen quite a lot of the stuff they worked on, and now it's all gone wrong.
Not that I didn't somewhat expect it. They never looked like they were preparing something that was to be dropped on a fuck*ng 'nother planet and all that shit.