The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 01, 2011, 05:55:05 pm

Title: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: pmcd9 on September 01, 2011, 05:55:05 pm
Every Word of the Subject Line is True (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/sep/01/jack-white-insane-clown-posse)
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 01, 2011, 06:00:54 pm
[[barf]]
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: AugustWest on September 01, 2011, 07:18:43 pm
ICP = most cynical musical act since KISS.
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 01, 2011, 10:49:16 pm
What's interesting about the internet age is how easy it is to hide cynical marketing schemes behind "we're just doing it for our fans, we're one of them!"

It's so easy to astroturf a demand for... fan conventions or a hundred live album releases or a thousand tie-in tee-shirts.

It's nearly automatic to throw up a message board or a facebook page and simulate a level of interaction with your base.

And then exploit the living shit out of that imagined connection.

ICP is the Tea Party of bands, a well-constructed fake grassroots translating into shallow-thinking journalists and fanboys believing it is real.
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: miles on September 02, 2011, 12:30:44 am
fuck*ng magnets!
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 02, 2011, 01:03:56 am
I believe that ICP had actual grass roots development of its fanbase at some point, but who cares. They're awful. Connecting with your fans in person can be just as cynical as the interwebs.
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 02, 2011, 01:22:14 am
charlie manson had a grassroots development of his fanbase, too.
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: wombat on September 02, 2011, 01:53:35 am
Sometimes I have no idea what the fuck y'all are talking about and not only am I OK with that, I suspect that it's a really good thing.
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: pmcd9 on September 02, 2011, 02:06:33 am
What does this have to do with cynicism?  Wait a minute, are you telling me that ICP actually do know how magnets work?
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: Nabubrush on September 02, 2011, 03:47:03 pm
I wish this hadn't happened.
Title: Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
Post by: Nabubrush on October 23, 2011, 11:06:57 am
I am so fuck*ng disappoint (http://youtu.be/k4YYgT4DpO0).

I thought Jack White was a Neil Young/Frank Zappa kind of guy from what I'd seen of his interviews. I mean, brother gotta get paid, but he just gave this whole other impression. Oh well, another commodity.