The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 04, 2011, 09:43:15 pm

Title: Laboring Day
Post by: pmcd9 on September 04, 2011, 09:43:15 pm
I went to a party (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/sets/72157627464512213/).  What did you do?

Now I am back working on a big project.  I think maybe I'm gonna go take a break.  See if I can find something cooked with charcoal.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: wombat on September 04, 2011, 10:48:44 pm
I ate some grilled things and a peach crisp.

Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2011, 10:59:40 pm
Pedro's birthday almost always falls on Labor Day weekend -- he was born on Labor Day Monday back in '79 -- so we celebrated with his family and a big ol' vat of pulled pork barbecue last night. Today we went to a lake and swam in our clothes.

We told the kids it was a "surprise adventure," so we didn't want to put on their swimsuits and give them a hint about what was going to happen. Also, we weren't 100% sure that swimming was allowed at this particular lake, but fortunately it turns out there's a small area designated for swimming that was only chest-deep on my 6-year old and it was very nice. Tomorrow, we're going to the local children's museum for their Labor Day event. "From ice cream and ice castles to solar jewelry and beach ball volleyball, join us for a Summer Fun finale! We will be wrapping up the season with the best of our summer games and activities." So, yeah...full weekend, packed with fun and games.

Tuesday: Back to the grind.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: Nabubrush on September 05, 2011, 12:21:44 am
Currently scrambled like eggs.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 05, 2011, 12:59:34 am
i will be laboring with a food baby, im sure.  then i start my new job on tuesday.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: Choop on September 05, 2011, 02:32:21 am
Cancelled the annual paella event due to circumstances, but spent the day today on Lake Allatoona in a couple-friends' boat and at a fire ring, had a great time. Working tomorrow to cover some backlog :(
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: miles on September 05, 2011, 05:02:25 am
Getting fucked up right now. My liver's had a long enough break, so this labor day it'll work. I won't.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: theinevitable on September 05, 2011, 05:16:36 am
worked, at work. Then went out to a bar with the lady and her ex (??) and another friend.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: miles on September 05, 2011, 05:32:17 am
Then went out to a bar with the lady and her ex (??)

Better man than I. This DJ is fuck*ng killing it.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: theinevitable on September 05, 2011, 11:31:57 pm
Quote
Better man than I.
Save that for Ash's post.

Going to a bar with the dude was actually great, because it made me realize he is a kind of annoying but mostly nice person, instead of a horrible monster who will somehow steal my girlfriend or beat me up.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: wombat on September 05, 2011, 11:42:35 pm
Ugh, Ash, that kind of stuff is what should happen in the movie, not before it.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: side_show on September 05, 2011, 11:56:40 pm
Yikes Ash, that sounds pretty traumatic.  I hope the family is going to be okay and that your little guy will be too.  Likewise, I hope you can feel assured that you did the best you could in bad circumstances.

As for me I had a big pasta lunch with the hubby, then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to not nap.  Going back to work tomorrow after a week off, which is... ugh.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 06, 2011, 12:55:04 am
sometimes being the dependable one is a pain in the ass, but not for those that need you "after the axe falls".
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 06, 2011, 01:51:25 am
I certainly didn't do anything that noble. Did hell of yard work today. Roasted the New Mexican green chiles that I got on Friday (haven't actually eaten them yet though). Watched the Nats win for a change.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: pmcd9 on September 06, 2011, 04:50:17 am
Asherdan for President.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: miles on September 06, 2011, 06:04:02 am
Asherdan for President.

Fuck yeah.

I nursed a hangover. Had a good breakfast at my favorite place. Then wasted a bunch of time trying to figure out what movie to go see with a friend, and then settled on watching Paradise Lost at her place. I'd never seen it and was interested in it with the West Memphis Three in the news recently after getting released. But the movie. That shit is fucked. Like right from the beginning. Then I met some other friends for a few drinks.
Title: Re: Laboring Day
Post by: side_show on September 06, 2011, 08:41:20 pm
Sarcasm for the day: Accident at Jamboree intersection - not what you expected when you heard the name.