The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2011, 12:28:41 am

Title: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2011, 12:28:41 am
When I first saw this article posted on Facebook I thought it was a joke, but it turns out that a planet rotating a twin sun has been discovered.  It's been nicknamed Tatooine. 

Story (http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/15/tatooine-gives-first-direct-proof-of-2-sun-planet/)
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 16, 2011, 01:19:47 am
a thousand nerds just involuntarily creamed their jeans.
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2011, 01:28:04 am
Me definitely among them.  Combine my love of the Original Wars movies with important advancements in space science.  That's a heady brew.
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: jaydub on September 16, 2011, 01:51:01 am
Seriously.

I hooked the PS2 up a couple weeks ago and have been rocking Star Wars: Battlefront 2004 Stylze, Yo! Last night I smoked through the sand dune and Mos Eisely levels in all available permutations.
This is why my wife doesn't leave me alone for any serious length time.

I WANT TO SEND MAN BACK INTO fuck*ng SPACE!

Getting to the moon and quitting is for fuck*ng pussies.
QFT

Hell, once my grandkids are well on their way to productive adulthood, send me the F to Mars so I can contribute something to the journey to get us the hell off this rock!
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: Nabubrush on September 16, 2011, 04:46:57 pm
Not the right place to discuss this (and I may have covered it already) but Jim Wetherbee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Wetherbee) works for the company. Whenever the big boss (president-level) is presenting him or talking about him, it's so obvious that he's all (nerd) "we have an astronaut!" He gets giddy - it's kind of fun.
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: jaydub on September 16, 2011, 04:55:01 pm
Paul Berg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Berg) is on our corporate board. He has attended the science seminars at which I was presenting, which certainly upped the stress ante.  Dang, wikipedia says he's 85 now.  He's holding together well.
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: Nabubrush on September 16, 2011, 05:18:17 pm
How many times has Paul Berg landed the space shuttle? Also:

Quote from: Wiki
(Jim Wetherbee) was the original drummer for the all astronaut rock band, Max Q, which opened for Cheap Trick at the Houston Hard Rock Café, while lead singer, Carl Walz, was in orbit on STS-65.
Title: Re: Tatooine Discovered
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2011, 05:30:42 pm
I did not realize this was a pissing contest.