The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: andalucia on January 05, 2004, 05:22:56 am

Title: Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
Post by: andalucia on January 05, 2004, 05:22:56 am
One comic I really enjoyed was Teddy (http://www.ep.tc/teddy.html), by Ethan Persoff (http://www.ep.tc/news.html).  I'm not sure how I came across this site, but his comics are brightly coloured and disturbing.  I had a feeling that it might appeal to achewoody types, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Title: Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
Post by: jough on January 05, 2004, 05:47:25 am
Man, it's like he illustrated my 1993.

Damn.
Title: Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
Post by: slink on January 05, 2004, 06:18:15 am
He's a cross between (dagnabbit my memory...) that particular popart guy, who used the dots and comic book style, and the guy who did Ren and Stimpy (the shape of some of the faces).
Not read enough to judge. Too tired.
Title: Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
Post by: jough on January 05, 2004, 08:58:39 am
Roy Lichtenstein and Krikfalusi.

Too tired to look up the correct spelling of either of those names.
Title: Comic Recommendation: Teddy, Ethan Persoff
Post by: slink on January 05, 2004, 03:00:35 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Roy Lichtenstein and Krikfalusi.

Too tired to look up the correct spelling of either of those names.


But thankyou. My memory just gets continually worse. I'd worry about it, but I forget to, and well, there doesn't appear to be much I can do but become one of those quiz show contestants who runs over everything they know twice a day. Sounds kind of boring to me.