The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 27, 2011, 02:51:44 pm

Title: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: AugustWest on September 27, 2011, 02:51:44 pm
You are great and you deserve a great birthday!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: jay-ell on September 27, 2011, 03:18:02 pm
Happy Birthiversary, you crazy Canuck!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: pmcd9 on September 27, 2011, 03:42:45 pm
Happy day!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: theinevitable on September 27, 2011, 09:06:35 pm
You're the best one, Smellanie.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 27, 2011, 09:20:32 pm
Happy scrappy birthday, show!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 27, 2011, 11:26:15 pm
i was confused and jumped the birthday-wishes-gun the other day in that other thread  :-\
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: CortJstr on September 28, 2011, 12:40:44 am
Enjoy birthday sexy times, provider of awesome stories.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: wombat on September 28, 2011, 01:05:39 am
Enjoy your nachos! Or your poutine?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: lprkn on September 28, 2011, 02:38:12 am
Happy birthday, you.

Idea: nachos-poutine
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: side_show on September 28, 2011, 02:45:05 am
Thanks to all you beautiful imaginary people.

GKA you were not confused - I celebrated my birthiversary on Sunday, although my wedding anniversary was actually Monday and my birthday is today.  It was celebrated then because my husband had to work out of town all this week, so we celebrated early, eating much sushi and such.

Today my coworkers sand me a song (not the usual Happy Birthday, which was cute) and cupcakes were provided.  Then I got to celebrate with my sister and her partner and my nephew for dinner and then Dairy Queen.  The celebration ended when the nephew who is four, thought it would be fun to pee on a tree in the front yard of their home when we returned from ice cream.  My sister said this was "okay, I guess" (it was mostly dark at this point, and peeing outside is an adventure the boy loves since he started going on camping trips this summer).  He came in the house looking sad, almost in tears with his ##### soaked.  It was past his bedtime by a bit, and he accidentally peed all over his #####.  My sister asked him why and he said "because my c*ck was pointing down."  Logical.  Anyway, I left my sister to deal with pee issues, as one's birthday is not a time to deal with pee soaked kiddies if one doesn't have to.  

PS Nacho Poutine is already a thing... Though not a good thing really.  Nachos are good because they are crisp, while poutine topped with nacho stuff is just a glumpy mess.

Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: Nabubrush on September 28, 2011, 05:52:26 am
Oh man.

Happy B-Day.

I will just leave it there. I typed a lot of other stuff, but I'll go ahead and leave it with have a hoot and a holler.

I could travel. If you wanted.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: side_show on September 28, 2011, 06:03:18 pm
You're very sweet to offer Nabu, but I am gonna stick with monogamy for now.

I had a poor nights sleep due to caffine + ice cream + too much toodling with the new iPhone.  I paid the price this morning - my usual run was so brutal.

I guess this is an adult sugar hangover.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: lprkn on September 29, 2011, 10:47:24 am
Hey, these things happen.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: Nabubrush on October 03, 2011, 03:03:34 pm
I had a poor nights sleep due to caffine + ice cream + too much toodling with the new iPhone.

I have a thing where when I come home from work I try to put my computer directly up in the office where I will be less tempted to fuck around with it for two weeks straight. I have mixed results.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: side_show on October 03, 2011, 03:07:36 pm
Yeah, I've found taking the iPhone to bed with me to watch YouTube clips is a really bad idea.  There is nothing good about that idea, but I did it anyway.  Twice.  I'm stilly paying for the loss of sleep.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: jaydub on October 20, 2011, 04:04:21 am
There's always one more Rally car crash to watch, amirite?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: side_show on October 20, 2011, 03:01:20 pm
Ha - I actually made the intentional choice to not look at the crash clips.  I had just shown my hubby this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9FRSghXhDM), in reaction to the fact he was watching  this show  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fwI-58nZ8A).  My argument was that both these shows illustrate what is wrong with food in North America.  Food as suffering, and food as debauchery - food is a beautiful thing, and I hate to see it get turned into suffering and filth.  

And yeah, the show was on on the bedroom TV, the clip was on my iPhone (which I was using in bed) and needless to say such over stimulation did not lead to sleep, but we ended up getting out of bed and watching the rest of Man vs Food in the living room.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: jaydub on October 20, 2011, 04:28:48 pm
Caligula and Nero felt queasy about that Fast Food Lasagna exhibition.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 20, 2011, 05:47:21 pm
It looks like the Travel Channel is to travel what the History Channel is to history.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Side Show!
Post by: side_show on October 20, 2011, 08:23:54 pm
Even better, that show is aired in Canada on what was once called the Outdoor Life Network, but now just goes by OLN.  There is nothing outdoors-y about Man vs Food, apart from the fact I hope that dude is out-of-doors when he is breaking wind.