The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 28, 2011, 06:28:20 pm

Title: Hey Choop...
Post by: AugustWest on September 28, 2011, 06:28:20 pm
It's your dang ol' birthday.  Rock on with it!
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: side_show on September 28, 2011, 06:34:32 pm
Happy Birthday to a fine gentleman.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: wombat on September 28, 2011, 08:52:52 pm
Have some really fancy nachos.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 28, 2011, 11:57:54 pm
hippy breadlay, you motorboatin' sonofabitch!
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: lprkn on September 29, 2011, 10:45:43 am
Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Your name is Choop

There is only one word that immediately springs to mind when somebody says, "What rhymes with Choop?"

Happy birthday to you
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 29, 2011, 01:21:31 pm
Happy birthday, makes ya wanna choop-choop-choop.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: pmcd9 on September 29, 2011, 04:58:53 pm
Happy birthday old man.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: jay-ell on September 29, 2011, 05:51:40 pm
One of these days we'll make it down to Hotlanta for one of your Holiday Bashes...but 'til then, we'll have to love you from afar.

Happy birthday, to a dude who is rad.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: theinevitable on September 29, 2011, 06:33:54 pm
Choop the loop (http://www.radiolab.org/blogs/radiolab-blog/2011/sep/20/loop-loop/) on this most glorious of days.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Nabubrush on October 03, 2011, 03:07:14 pm
Choop on, brother.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 03, 2012, 08:34:41 pm
Hey Choop! I'm-a be in ATL in April! You still there? You wanna meet up for beers?
Where should I go eat near the Marriott Marquis? (I will not have a car, but will have ready access to Marta, and for something sufficiently awesome I could probably find someone who did rent a car and beat them into submission.)
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Choop on February 03, 2012, 08:49:16 pm
YUP

marta to peachtree center station, up peachtree a block to Alma, mexican/latin fusion, fantastic cocktails
when we meet for dranks, i'll pick you up and take you for a great place for whatever your favorite genre de cuisine

remind me closer to the date, PM me or facebook or whatevski
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Doc on February 04, 2012, 03:33:35 am
Those do sound like fancy nachos. Awesome.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Nabubrush on February 04, 2012, 04:28:29 am
You bastards. Also, I am drunk.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 04, 2012, 05:17:21 am
You bastards. Also, I am drunk.

do you think its cool to have inebriation?
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 04, 2012, 06:18:32 am
I'm getting to the point where some of my good friends have never seen me drunk.  I have also lived with people who have not seen me not high for months at a time, on the other hand.  My new roommate has not seen me sober yet, will see how long I can keep it up.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 04, 2012, 03:03:19 pm
i'll pick you up and take you for a great place for whatever your favorite genre de cuisine

Back around 1999-2000, I went to Atlanta three or four times for work in the space of a couple years. One of my favorite restaurants from those trips was the Barbecue Kitchen, which was a little dinky meat-and-three place, kinda near Fort McPherson. Then a couple years later, I was back for a week, and I kept telling my co-worker we had to go to the Barbecue Kitchen. Finally on Friday, we went... and it was surrounded by yellow police tape, on account of there had been a fire.

Is that joint back yet? Or something comparable, with southern-y goodness that is hard to find up heres?
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Choop on February 04, 2012, 05:50:34 pm
looks like it's back up and running, according to a few internet wwebsites, but i've never even heard of that place. i'm aaaaaalmost always up for something new, though; should i scout it before april?
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2012, 07:09:52 pm
do you think its cool to have inebriation?

Fuck yeah!
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 05, 2012, 02:52:21 am
should i scout it before april?

If you want, or if you know someplace similar that would have barbecued things and fried chicken and fried okra and banana puddin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v25jrnsyRhU) and whatnot.
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Choop on February 05, 2012, 06:01:47 am
you know what my buddy works at a place with barbecued things and pretty fantastic wings, nothing fried but maybe nanner puddin as a special, i can ask
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Nabubrush on February 05, 2012, 07:43:12 pm
do you think its cool to have inebriation?

Is this a trick question?
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 06, 2012, 03:07:54 am
Is this a trick question?

Man, it's been way too long since I had my slant on. Like, over a week
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2012, 03:07:44 pm
After the weekend before last, I think I'm done drinking for at least half a year. Merciful heavens, how do you people do that on a regular basis?
Title: Re: Hey Choop...
Post by: Nabubrush on February 06, 2012, 06:06:08 pm
We went to a friend's house Saturday night for lasagne and good company, and wine. Then yesterday I had a small succession of folks over firstly for band practice and then for the the game. I really like being the designated mixologist.