The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on January 06, 2004, 11:48:28 am

Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: palm trees on January 06, 2004, 11:48:28 am
haha. definitely saw that one coming with todd. still, didn't mean i laughed any less. the look of the last panels, with todd in the middle, is just priceless.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: sensate on January 06, 2004, 01:22:03 pm
That a toilet flushing gets you out of hell seems somehow subversive.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: CortJstr on January 06, 2004, 02:05:07 pm
And apparently Ray will re-enter the world with his thong around his ankles. I hope nobody's around.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: misterhaan on January 06, 2004, 02:29:08 pm
okay, how many other people weren't really paying attention and thought todd's answer was right at first?

uh . . . i mean . . . i knew the answer was second!  yes i'm awesome!  *runs away*
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: palm trees on January 06, 2004, 02:46:58 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
And apparently Ray will re-enter the world with his thong around his ankles. I hope nobody's around.



oh... that's what the black thing was.
i was certainly puzzled.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: jay-ell on January 06, 2004, 03:15:16 pm
Quote from: "misterhaan"
okay, how many other people weren't really paying attention and thought todd's answer was right at first?

uh . . . i mean . . . i knew the answer was second!  yes i'm awesome!  *runs away*


I totally didn't get it either.  I had to set up a little racetrack on my desk with paper clips and re-enact the scene before I figured it out.  

But then, I'm a blonde polack*, so what do you expect?  

*And I had to go to dictionary.com to see if "polack" had one L or two...
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: MSC on January 06, 2004, 03:27:39 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "misterhaan"
okay, how many other people weren't really paying attention and thought todd's answer was right at first?

uh . . . i mean . . . i knew the answer was second!  yes i'm awesome!  *runs away*


I totally didn't get it either.  I had to set up a little racetrack on my desk with paper clips and re-enact the scene before I figured it out.  


Yes, I am also Idiotic.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: Gimpson on January 06, 2004, 03:47:30 pm
I told the "passing second place" joke/riddle at the bar just last Sunday, and of the three people I told it to, two needed an explanation, and one of those two had a very hard time even after I explained.  

I guess they won't be getting out of hell any time soon...

Now on to my dumbness...  Is there something more to the "How much do most rocks weigh?" question?  If it's a joke or something, I don't get it.  If it's just a straight question, how is "about a pound" a correct answer?  Is it that once a rock is significantly smaller than one pound, it is a pebble, and if significantly larger it is a boulder?  

Help me out here.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: jay-ell on January 06, 2004, 03:48:36 pm
I think it just works because it's Ray.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: jough on January 06, 2004, 04:43:23 pm
Actually, the "pound" is necessarily the answer to "how much do most rocks weight?" because the unit of measure that we call a "pound" was created because it was the weight of the average rock (or stone).

So Ray is indubitably correct.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: pmcd9 on January 06, 2004, 05:03:23 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Actually, the "pound" is necessarily the answer to "how much do most rocks weight?" because the unit of measure that we call a "pound" was created because it was the weight of the average rock (or stone).


A stone is 14 pounds (rocks).

~Paul
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: CortJstr on January 06, 2004, 06:28:16 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Now on to my dumbness...  Is there something more to the "How much do most rocks weigh?" question?  If it's a joke or something, I don't get it.  If it's just a straight question, how is "about a pound" a correct answer?  Is it that once a rock is significantly smaller than one pound, it is a pebble, and if significantly larger it is a boulder?


I considered creating a detailed hierarchy of rocks/stones/boulders but then i realized this would be even dorkier than the time Anarchy_Bowling and I  tried to decide the relative relationships between a crapload/buttload/assload/etc.

Also, at work I use F7 in Outlook to check words such as hierarchy since it's always open anyway.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: V-Adore on January 06, 2004, 07:18:05 pm
At least this gives Onstad a concrete reason not to write Todd in for a while.

Anyway, I figured the rock thing was just sort of Zen. Ray said the first logical answer, and hey, got him out of Hell. As for the racetrack riddle, I think the wording is misleading; it's not entirely clear about whether the guy you're passing is in second place before or after you pass him. If it's after, Todd's right.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: MSC on January 06, 2004, 07:57:51 pm
Ray knows that most rocks weigh about a pound the same way that he knows that water is full  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06122002) of nutrients.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 06, 2004, 10:00:22 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
At least this gives Onstad a concrete reason not to write Todd in for a while.

Anyway, I figured the rock thing was just sort of Zen. Ray said the first logical answer, and hey, got him out of Hell. As for the racetrack riddle, I think the wording is misleading; it's not entirely clear about whether the guy you're passing is in second place before or after you pass him. If it's after, Todd's right.


If it's after, he's not in second place anymore.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: slink on January 06, 2004, 11:27:22 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

If it's after, he's not in second place anymore.


No, I think she's saying that if you pass him and it puts him in second place, it puts you in first. But the question would thus be stupider wording than it is to put the date month/day/year...
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: Twelvebottoms on January 07, 2004, 01:03:10 am
I do too much online simracing to have been caught out by T-T-Todd's riddle.  Otherwise I'm pretty sure it would've spannered my brain.  Nice conclusion.  Now I wanna see a Molly and Beef story, cos I'm feeling sappy.
Title: twice - 06/01
Post by: conure on January 07, 2004, 01:08:18 am
I'm ashamed to admit that I puzzled over Todd's failure and the harshness of the alt t-text for SOME time.
I would never get out of hell.