The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 02, 2011, 01:19:36 am

Title: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: pmcd9 on October 02, 2011, 01:19:36 am
Where the hell is going on here, diid y'all all suddenly get lives and didn't tell me?  It's been hella dead in here the past couple of days.  Where are my imaginary friends...? Come out to play!
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: wombat on October 02, 2011, 01:28:19 am
I don't think it's just us, I thought the whole internet was like that the last couple of days.
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: jay-ell on October 02, 2011, 01:56:41 am
I went on a date last night, and today was mostly at a museum with my kids, then running a bunch of errands I couldn't do earlier in the week because we were waiting for payday. So, I guess I temporarily got a life? But don't worry, it won't last.

It never does.
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: side_show on October 02, 2011, 05:16:42 am
I'm super busy these days - working overtime, while also trying to get the deck and fences stained before the snow flies, plus harvesting and cleaning up the garden.
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 02, 2011, 11:19:24 am
ive had a lame retail job(3rd shift, stocking shelves) for the past month and im still not adjusted.  its fuck*ng up my will to participate.
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 02, 2011, 09:40:45 pm
I'm fighting a dual nervous breakdown over my brother's surgery and my joblessness and trying to stave it off with adventures and...

That keeps me on the internet less?

I've had a bit part in a music video a friend was filming, I went to a comedy show taping and got pulled from the crowd for a brief participation, I've done multiple open mics of angry poetry, I went to Occupy Wall Street for an afternoon, I started a comedy writing class, I went to the American Museum of Natural History, I've sent out resumes until my hands cramped, I went to the Cinematic Titanic show and it was awesome, I thought about my brother's surgery until I wept, I went off my medication for a few days because my prescription was filled upstate...

Yeah. I'm basically putting my hand inside the puppet head, putting my hand inside the puppet head.
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: wombat on October 02, 2011, 10:00:03 pm
Geez, you people really have been having lives. I have mostly been right here, staring at the computer, waiting for my book to come out,  wondering if it is going to be a big nothing. Do you know that Roches song?  (http://youtu.be/Rbb5mSomdV8) That is what I am singing in my head.

Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: miles on October 02, 2011, 11:52:48 pm
I guess a week of talking in front of people all day and spending most of my waking hours with a very gregarious colleague finally took its toll because I spent most of yesterday locked in my apartment getting caught up on Breaking Bad. I wish I would have been out having a life, but it was time to crawl back into my cave for a while to recover.
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: jay-ell on October 03, 2011, 12:56:59 am
Mmmmmmm, caves. I just finished cleaning mine. The craft supplies had hit critical mass in my office, between my projects and the kids', so I spent an hour just now tidying up and putting things away. I still have a stack of things I plan to go through "someday" to figure out what's worth saving and what needs to get trashed, but it's all in one corner where it doesn't keep me from being able to move around at my desk and pull out my sewing machine.

I should post pics of my office setup in that old "Show me your desk" thread. I think you guys would appreciate the "creative space" thing I've got going on here.

Edit: Done (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4181.msg177999.html#new).
Title: Re: (feedback) Is this thing on...? (blows into microphone)
Post by: Nabubrush on October 03, 2011, 03:04:21 pm
I was doing things. Plus football.