The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on November 05, 2011, 10:35:28 pm
-
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4105441n
His schtick always seemed to be "I'm a confused old man who doesn't want to understand things". Well, good night sweet prince.
-
I saw someone I know eulogizing him effusively on FB and I was pretty surprised. Nothing against him, but he seemed pretty out of it during his whole career. He reminded me a lot of Grampa Simpson.
-
What did he do for a living before he was a confused old man?
-
What did he do for a living before he was a confused old man?
I'm pretty sure he fought in WWII. I think he may have been a straight newscaster, too.
-
Per Wiki, it looks like he was pretty much always a writer (a war correspondent during WWII), other than his work on 60 Minutes.
Sometimes he said things like:
(T)oo much alcohol, too much food, drugs, homosexual unions, cigarettes [are] all known to lead to premature death.
And also that that it was "silly" for Native Americans to complain about team names like the Redskins and that
The real problem is, we took the country away from the Indians, they want it back and we're not going to give it to them. We feel guilty and we'll do what we can for them within reason, but they can't have their country back.
Also, he seems not to have been too impressed by Kurt Cobain.
-
You would do well to search YouTube for "Andy Rooney Game"
It reveals gems such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnL9-qrLwIg
Or, you could click this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y94dFAlYBhg&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL286AADB54427BA76 and just let it run...
-
I remember that - it is surprisingly enjoyable.
-
It never occurred to me that complaining about offensive sports team names is a power grab. Not very effective if you ask me.
-
It never occurred to me that complaining about offensive sports team names is a power grab. Not very effective if you ask me.
Well, experience has taught them that they should start pretty small.