The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: jaydub on November 09, 2011, 09:13:05 pm

Title: Bil Keane is ghostwriting
Post by: jaydub on November 09, 2011, 09:13:05 pm
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/09/us-bilkeane-idUSTRE7A871R20111109

When I first came back to the US in 1981 I came across the Family Circus and thought it was neat, homespun fun.  I discovered Garfield at the same time, and soon realized that Garfield's story lines were deep, complex, and challenging in comparison to TFC.
Title: Re: Bil Keane is ghostwriting
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 09, 2011, 09:37:39 pm
An online political cartoonist I like frequently rails against the stupid, predictable editorial page cartoons that show up when someone famous dies. He's already put on his Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/#!/AugustJPollak) things we can expect to see tomorrow:
Title: Re: Bil Keane is ghostwriting
Post by: pmcd9 on November 09, 2011, 09:46:58 pm
I'll put my money on the empty circle.
Title: Re: Bil Keane is ghostwriting
Post by: AugustWest on November 10, 2011, 04:26:11 am
Oing.
Title: Re: Bil Keane is ghostwriting
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 10, 2011, 02:29:52 pm
Apparently Joe Paterno is bigger news than Bil Keane.
Title: Re: Bil Keane is ghostwriting
Post by: Nabubrush on November 10, 2011, 04:00:18 pm
I personally really like the "NOT ME" thing, but we all know that's not happening.