The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: conure on January 07, 2004, 01:15:12 am

Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: conure on January 07, 2004, 01:15:12 am
Do any of you folks read RTS? Vera Brogsol draws and writes, and it's been in hiatus for most of the year, but lately there have been updates.
It's at  http://rts.lunistice.com/
Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: St_Zartan on January 07, 2004, 01:57:52 am
Awesome find. How has this stayed under the (okay, my) radar? To be honest, anything that isn't "I have some wacky friends that say 'fuck' a lot, a copy of How to Draw Manga, and a Keenspace account" is a Refreshing Change of Pace - and this is shaping up to be pretty good. I am a stone cold sucker for that "black, white, and blue" aesthetic (cf Daniel Clowes) when it's done right.

I'll definitely be Reading It From the Beginning tomorrow at work. Your tax dollars IN FULL EFFECT 2K4 BITCHES
Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: andalucia on January 07, 2004, 02:32:42 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
"black, white, and blue" aesthetic (cf Daniel Clowes)


Amen.  
I've seen this before, but never had the time to read through it fully.  Something about my whole trying-to-get-into-university right now thing.  Oh well, hopefully this'll make me read it, since it looks fairly rad.
Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: jough on January 07, 2004, 02:36:49 am
One of the other comics that I read links to this (Scary Go Round?  Ornery Boy?  Diesel Sweeties?) so I'd seen it before, but never thought it all that rad.

I shall have to give it a second look.
Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: Choop on January 07, 2004, 04:13:28 am
OMG I've like totally had that dream (http://rts.lunistice.com/part1/1_21.html)
Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: FeeReep on January 07, 2004, 06:56:43 am
I found it thru SGR. Good stuff.
Title: Return to Sender?
Post by: conure on January 19, 2004, 12:51:55 pm
Unfortunately it seems to have gone into hibernation/reefersleep again; it isn't all that consistent but some of it took my breath away- and the story is sooo intriguing. I found it through the Cat and Girl forum, I think.